The Official Bellarmine @ Tennessee Game Thread (Tues. April 16 6PM EST) (SECNET+)

Wow Arkansas has benefited from 2 different flukey breaks this 1/2 inning and now only trail 7-6 after a 2-run bomb. I hate them with a burning passion.
I missed the comeback in the 3 mile drive from the restaurant to my house so not sure what happened but there’s not a team in baseball over at least the last 5 years who takes advantage of mistakes and extra outs like Arkansas. They simply don’t beat themselves.

I missed the comeback in the 3 mile drive from the restaurant to my house so not sure what happened but there’s not a team in baseball over at least the last 5 years who takes advantage of mistakes and extra outs like Arkansas. They simply don’t beat themselves.
Except when they play Oregon State for the championship apparently…

Bellarmine 5
Tennessee 20 F
Air Force 5
Texas A&M 15 F (7)
Jacksonville 1
Florida 12 F (7)
Vanderbilt 15 F (7)
Lipscomb 4
Alcorn 0 7th
Miss State 11 F(7)
UAB 5 F
Alabama 2
Georgia Tech 8
Auburn 12 F
South Carolina 4 F
The Citadel 3
New Orleans 3
LSU 6 F
Missouri 6 F
Missouri State 2
Kentucky 17 F
Louisville 13
Texas Tech 8
Arkansas 9 F
Ole Miss
Arkansas State Cancelled
Georgia (No Game)
Condon still gets 2 HRs

A real pitchers dual in Louisville. Tomorrow's game will likely be 2-1 in the poorly lit stadium at UK
UK and UL both used 8 pitchers- clearly not the best on the team

Arkansas walked off in the 9th after tying in the 8th. The game winner came on the always exciting Sac Fly. The winning run was unearned as the winning run reached base on an E5 at the start of the half inning.

E5
FC1 E1
HBP
Sac Fly F9

And in Athens, Condon just hit another home run before going to bed and saying his nightly prayer about god giving him better teammates to play with.

Bellarmine 5
Tennessee 20 F
Air Force 5
Texas A&M 15 F (7)
Jacksonville 1
Florida 12 F (7)
Vanderbilt 15 F (7)
Lipscomb 4
Alcorn 0 7th
Miss State 11 F(7)
UAB 5 F
Alabama 2
Georgia Tech 8
Auburn 12 F
South Carolina 4 F
The Citadel 3
New Orleans 3
LSU 6 F
Missouri 6 F
Missouri State 2
Kentucky 17 F
Louisville 13
Texas Tech 8
Arkansas 9 F
Ole Miss
Arkansas State Cancelled
Georgia (No Game)
Condon still gets 2 HRs

A real pitchers dual in Louisville. Tomorrow's game will likely be 2-1 in the poorly lit stadium at UK
UK and UL both used 8 pitchers- clearly not the best on the team

Arkansas walked off in the 9th after tying in the 8th. The game winner came on the always exciting Sac Fly. The winning run was unearned as the winning run reached base on an E5 at the start of the half inning.

E5
FC1 E1
HBP
Sac Fly F9

And in Athens, Condon just hit another home run before going to bed and saying his nightly prayer about god giving him better teammates to play with.
Just got in from a 4.5 hr Louisville-Kentucky game…good grief! My Vols jersey got quite a few comments from both fan bases. Louisville fans all saying get them this weekend as I exited…lol

Peebles is a head case. Get his head right and he’ll be fine. If he can’t learn to handle failure in a game that’s almost nothing but, it’s going to continue to snowball on him.

I didn't see the game unfortunately, thus my late post.

Did something happen while fielding the ball or while he was hitting.

What do you mean by get his head right? Is he cracking under perceived pressure? Or is it like getting the yips like some guys do when putting in golf? Over thinking?

Your answer could be as simple as, "just watch the game when/if the game is posted and it'll be obvious."

FYI: I checked the box score we only had one error and it was made by Amick.

What do you mean by get his head right? Is he cracking under perceived pressure? Or is it like getting the yips like some guys do when putting in golf? Over thinking?

Your answer could be as simple as, "just watch the game when/if the game is posted and it'll be obvious."

It’s the screaming at himself after a strikeout or pouting that made me say that. It’s really reminiscent of Christian Moore AB’s Early in his career

He is unfortunately in a lull and trying too hard to get himself out of it. First time experiencing this on a big stage and is probably surprised. The pressure coming in as a hot transfer is even greater than these boys have just everyday. They are incredibly hard on themselves, way more than could be imagined. He will get direction and will be just fine.

I think the two main things for this team to get back to Omaha is a healthy AJ Russell and getting Peebles going , we watched Burke struggle big time last year and he’s bounced back in a huge way , I think Peebles and Stark both have been good defensively , Peebles being a switch hitter could help a lot if he figures it out

I think the two main things for this team to get back to Omaha is a healthy AJ Russell and getting Peebles going , we watched Burke struggle big time last year and he’s bounced back in a huge way , I think Peebles and Stark both have been good defensively , Peebles being a switch hitter could help a lot if he figures it out
Honestly, I've kind of given up on expecting much from Russell this season. I think the best we could hope for would be for him to reach a point of helping us out of the bullpen. Closer role? We just need a couple of young, healthy arms to step up. Dallas was one I was watching for progress.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Honestly, I've kind of given up on expecting much from Russell this season. I think the best we could hope for would be for him to reach a point of helping us out of the bullpen. Closer role? We just need a couple of young, healthy arms to step up. Dallas was one I was watching for progress.
Russell, Phillips and Snead, are all 3 considered top 30-40 MLB prospects for ‘25.
At least from the college standpoint and not including high school players.

Reactions: CAVPUT
Except when it comes to pop flys lol

I think the learning curve for Dallas , Loy and Schaefer has been tough so far , they each have a ton of upside but are a tick behind some of the elite freshman arms we’ve seen TV bring in with Burnes , Beam and Tidwell , I’ve not given up on AJ yet , he has elite stuff that can help whether he starts or closer

Russell, Phillips and Snead, are all 3 considered top 30-40 MLB prospects for ‘25.
At least from the college standpoint and not including high school players.
Yeah, I keep ignoring Phillips due to my infatuation with Dallas. It would be huge if one or both those guys can get the light to come on by tournament time.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Yeah, I keep ignoring Phillips due to my infatuation with Dallas. It would be huge if one or both those guys can get the light to come on by tournament time.
Even though Dallas scuffled with a few batters, the ball really came out of his hand well—the best I've seen all year. Once he adds a few pounds and gets everything honed down, he's going to be really good.

Reactions: Orange. and CAVPUT
Even though Dallas scuffled with a few batters, the ball really came out of his hand well—the best I've seen all year. Once he adds a few pounds and gets everything honed down, he's going to be really good.
I don't think we have that one arm to replace Russell so despite the lack of physical maturity, I'm hoping that we can replace him by committee. Kinda think Dallas will be a part of that. I just think he's gonna be special here. Again, I'm admittedly a fan so bias is expected.

I think Chapman should be considered in the SEC lineup. Should our outfield be Dreiling, Tears and Chapman? I know Ensley has made some really nice plays in CF, but Chapmn's bat is legit.

Reactions: xtremevolfan

VN Store

Back