The Official #8 Tennessee @ #25 LSU Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think we will see Sampson back out there after that.
The confusing thing is we weren’t going fast on that 3rd down, we could’ve easily subbed Sampson out for one of the other guys we are comfortable with in pass protection.

We need to hammer them in the 2nd half...Seems we played conservative for a lot of the first half...Was like we know we can run on them so lets do that for awhile....If Hendon opens it up then its gonna get really fun in the 2nd half.
I am not sure it is us planning conservative as much as it is us taking what the defense is giving. The coaches see something available in the ground game. If we can wear LSU front seven down, we can own the fourth qtr. Old school football, but if LSU serves it up, we can play it

Volnation, want to thank everyone on this board. I enjoy posting my comments as it enables me to vent as I love my Vols and watching the game solo. I’m 51 yrs old but have a pit in my stomach when Vols play a big opponent.

Anyway, I love my Vols and Volnation! So thanks for allowing me to be part of the game thread!
I've stopped coming on here at gametime. Better for everyone, I get too emotional with Tenn. Especially with big opponents. I honestly don't know how some people keep a calm sometimes.

Hell, the defense played about as good as you could ask!
I wish we could’ve kept them from scoring on a 97 yard drive, but...they’ve been pretty damn solid!

Yeah. It's just tough to guess how things will go with our defense. I feel like our run defense is better than our pass coverage this year. That teams will have to beat us through the air and even though our coverage isn't great, it doesn't mean that all passes are going to work out. They were going to score on us eventually, but holding them to just 7 is good. Getting some good pressure and sacks. I hope our offense picks it up more and puts it out of reach. Little worried about Hooker, hasn't looked as composed after that hit he took. Hope he shakes it off during the break.

Exactly ! Stop the screen passes and throw it to Hyatt and Bru. I never want to see Fant on the field ever again !!!!

Can't has had some drops this season. There has to be someone with better hands to put in on passing downs. To me, he didn't have to jump like he did on that throw. He has to keep his momentum going forward. I know the throw was at his face/back shoulder, but that's one he has to do everything in his power to just make the catch. It's likely 7 on that drive of he catches it.

Reactions: Megatron88
LSU’s come back and won two games against SEC opponents in which they were down 17-0 and 13-0…

Maybe it’s my BVS acting up, but I’m still a little concerned about this one because of that. I hope we can come out and put a touchdown on the board and ease some of my doubts
Those teams didn’t have the best offense in the country though

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back