The Official #6 Tennessee @ Texas A&M Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

South Carolina and Aggies showed that the Vols are soft and can be manhandled on the boards. That is a template that many teams will follow and if Vols don't toughen up, they will be early outs in tourney season

Yep. The book is out on us at this point. Be physical and this team wilts quickly

I feel like we’ve all been saying this for weeks trying to will it into existence, but at some point soon it better start happening. Running out of time to get started on that peaking.

I think the peaking at the right argument isn’t planted in reality at this point. At this point, every team that prides itself on physicality has gotten the better of us going all the way back to the Purdue game in Maui. While tonight has been the only one where the scoreboard was terrible, the fact is we are 23 games into a 30ish game season and haven’t proven we can win a physical, mud fight style game.

I think the realistic approach to take is that we will have success against finesse types of teams. If we run into five of them in a row in March we could go all the way to the national championship game, but most likely we will have to play a mud fight by the Sweet Sixteen if not earlier. No reason at this point to suspect we would fair well in that kind of matchup.

I understand being worry but there still a lot of games left. It’s mid early in February and just gotta learn from it and get better. Last years UConn team was going through the same thing this time last year. Middle of Feb is when they took off. I’m not worried at all yet.
Uconn was really banged up in that stretch though. We are completely healthy

convinced, we will never beat a team who plays tougher and harder than us & a team with guards who can score off the dribble. just won’t

I understand being worry but there still a lot of games left. It’s mid early in February and just gotta learn from it and get better. Last years UConn team was going through the same thing this time last year. Middle of Feb is when they took off. I’m not worried at all yet.

I’m slightly worried. We’re 2-2 in our last 4 and the offense has been Jekyll and Hyde and still a lot of road games left. At some point you have to start the climb up the mountain before you can begin to peak, and we keep plummeting back to the bottom. This team desperately needs a complete game against Arkansas on Wednesday. If they come out with another stinker on offense then it’s goodnight for the season.

Reactions: Namorto1

VN Store

Back