The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. #3 [1] Purdue Game Thread, 2:20 PM ET, ESPN

We definitely needed better interior defense today, but there is no guarantee that it changes much of anything. If you breathe on Lurch, it's a foul. I'm proud of the team. Knecht missed some shots late .... but how do you complain about his performance today? You can't. He was awesome.

I hate a school that is completely irrelevant. That’s the sad part. I wish we could play them regularly because for the most part they suck.
I hate Purdue, and it’s not like a I hate LSU or Miss St because they’re a conference rival and you’re supposed to. My hatred for Purdue is vile and nasty, and it feels gross.

Aidoo’s career just went in the toilet. He is terrible against bigger guys and today may have been the worst game of his career. Edey can shoot from 3 ft in but has no other game.

Reactions: vol94
Not trying to be difficult but I didn't see Edey fouling a lot. Now I will say some of the foul calls against Tennessee on him were petty.
He didn’t foul too often but there was one shot to the throat that wasn’t called and a he leaned in a couple of times against our defender and locked arms, too.

But as you said, there were too many calls against TN imo.

Reactions: DixieVol
I hate Purdue, and it’s not like a I hate LSU or Miss St because they’re a conference rival and you’re supposed to. My hatred for Purdue is vile and nasty, and it feels gross.
I’m totally fine with it. Again I wish we would play them in the regular season more often in any sport.

Honestly we were good enough on their guards. One had 14 the others single digits.

Edey with 40, and no offense outside Dalton was the difference. We needed Z, JJJ, Jonas, Awaka to be better.

Not trying to be difficult but I didn't see Edey fouling a lot. Now I will say some of the foul calls against Tennessee on him were petty.
You mean all those forearm shivers before shooting, hip checks on picks and push offs to get offensive rebounds? Yeah I didn’t see him foul much either. Jeez.

Reactions: Volnukem
Honestly we were good enough on their guards. One had 14 the others single digits.

Edey with 40, and no offense outside Dalton was the difference. We needed Z, JJJ, Jonas, Awaka to be better.

JJJ needed to be more aggressive. Believe he was 3-4 from the field.

Wrong. Freddie will be much improved and Carr will be a dependable scorer. We will probably bring in 1 transfer. Awaka will be improved and Estrella will be improved. Aidoo can’t play against big guys and if he transfers, it won’t be the end of the world.

ZZ is great and can get so much better.

It might be like 98. The year after Peyton and we all thought it was a rebuilding year.
If Aidoo leaves it wouldnt break my heart. He is soft.

It’s a bitter pill to take a loss from a team that doesn’t play “real” basketball. It’s basically….dribble around for a bit and then lob it in the air somewhere near the basket for the enormous guy to turn around and drop the tiny little ball in the basket.
On defense, he’s only mildly disruptive. I saw him purposely step out of the way many times when our guards drove in to the basket so as to avoid fouls.
Can’t believe of all the amazing and COMPLETE players in this years’ field of elite ones, they do the obvious and give POY to that guy. He has only the faintest athleticism. I mean, what’s his vert? Like, 2 inches?

I won't knock his size as his strength. We needed to have some post play effectiveness to help wear him down. He was almost resting on defense. I bet Purdue talked about how he would get rest.

I was resisting, but no more…I hope this guy has a short, lousy pro basketball career and ends up working at a McDonald’s drive thru (no offense to any fast food workers on the board).

I would say I want him to go undrafted, but I want to see him get eaten alive in the NBA a few times before he flares out.

Reactions: BisonVol
Nope. But 24 points a game, 12 rebounds a game, 2 assists a game and 62% from the field. Is a skill.
Not necessarily. Being tall is the reason that stuff happens including his shooting % given how close to the rim he is when he shoots. The only thing that he’s done that remotely resembles skill is shooting FTs.

Reactions: Chad Powers
You think Aidoo will consider going pro. If not, he better do some strenght conditioning for his hands. Softest hands in basketball.
No but it wouldn’t surprise me at all that he hits the portal. Been benched the last two games for lackadaisical play. Doing that in the two most important games of your life is inexcusable. Got a feeling he may look for a fresh start somewhere else.

Reactions: LSG410EC83

VN Store

Back