The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. #11 [3] Creighton Game Thread, 10:09 PM ET, TBS/truTV

Edey will just move Aidoo backwards until he's 5 feet from the basket--then the little flip shot. That is not a good matchup for us, to say the least. I think we somehow need to keep our bigs out of foul trouble. You have to get a body on Edey early in possession, before he's in the paint-- make it hard for him to get into the paint. Big challenge.
Edey has to do about four or five dribbles when he is doing that. I believe we will create some turnovers with that by having player sink back on defense and either steal the ball on the dribble, force a pass back outside and force a poor shot from him. Cannot foul him a lot though as he is a good free throw shooter. Shut down or limit him and that guard and force someone else to step up to beat us. You have six fouls to give before free throws. Make sure three of them are on him and get his attention with them.

Edey will just move Aidoo backwards until he's 5 feet from the basket--then the little flip shot. That is not a good matchup for us, to say the least. I think we somehow need to keep our bigs out of foul trouble. You have to get a body on Edey early in possession, before he's in the paint-- make it hard for him to get into the paint. Big challenge.
Can Edey move to his right or is it all to his left?

Yeah, that offensive rebound pretty much sealed the game. Awaka and Mashack were just huge last night even beyond any scoring they did. Brilliant move by Barnes letting Awaka close the game, as Kalkbrenner couldn't deal with his physicality.

And JJJ's defense on Scheierman in the second half was another huge key. You could give the game ball to any one of those guys, as well as DK for coming up big when we needed it most.
The offense went cold and Knecht was the difference as we would’ve lost this game last year. Good on all points.

How could you sleep with the game going on ?

BS
I'm guessing you meant that question for me.

No TV, plus I'd been working since early outside all day (past my age) helping some friends.

I followed the baseVols game online in the forum just to stay awake until 5 minutes 'til tipoff, when I could call my mom and get her safely on the correct channel without time for her to wander off onto another channel. Short-term memory's gotten iffy, but she loves watching basketball. Glad she got to see that one!

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Sorry Creighton, I know you tried to whine and cry and have your ultimate prick hobbit lookalike Ashworth cry, mouth and flop a little more, but just couldn’t do it.

Will dislike Creighton for a very long time, so you’ve got that.

FWIW, here is their post game press conference. Guys seemed like a competitive good group of guys. Their coach exudes class. Hard to dislike outside of game time.

Liked what I saw from Carr and Dilione. Gave us a couple quality minutes and the moment/level of play did not look too big for them at all. Nice 3 from Carr when we needed one, a beautiful drive and dish to knecht for 3 by Dilione and some hounding defense

They looked big out there, scrawny freshmen, but big. Staff will take care of the scrawny this offseason

Estrella looked good on defense too.

VN Store

Back