The Official #5 Tennessee @ Vanderbilt Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, SEC Network

I'm saying the refs have been bad a Barnes tech there to let them know he's had enough isn't bad.
I know and I agree with you.

Not sure why so many insist on just bending over and taking it. Vols are playing as bad as the refs are officiating. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. Refs are pretty much ruining all sports. I wish they had accountability and they don’t which is probably why we whine and complain so much.

Reactions: chuckb1448
Well, we need some guys to step up in 2nd half. Pretty embarrassing basketball from the Vols. I wouldn't surprised if they just give the ball in halfcourt to DK and let him run the show. Aidoo has all his buckets because so much attention has been given to Knecht. No one else has done anything.

It’s every game. You guys blame the refs every basketball game or every Saturday in the fall. Just play better. Why whine every game about the friggin refs.

Most of the time I would be firmly in your camp on this. And this game has mostly been us just being terrible - lazy and completely just sleepwalking.

But the last 5 minutes of the half was terrible from an officiating standpoint. Is it the reason we are down? Nope - but it sure doesn’t help and when things get that bad, you can’t help but feel like you are playing 8 on 5. That was absolutely one of the worst officiating performances on that foul call/block/technical that I’ve seen.

It’s every game. You guys blame the refs every basketball game or every Saturday in the fall. Just play better. Why whine every game about the friggin refs.
Because they’re horrible? Did you see the push by Manjon before the foul on ZZ that led to free throws (and even ZZ’s foul was contact that was not called the rest of the game)? Vast majority if not all of the offensive rebounds Vandy were had were pushes similar to Vescovi’s. Manjon also pushed Zeigler out of the way behind him on his breakaway.

I don’t want to hear the homecooking ref excuse when we have more fans there.

They just gave them 4 free throws and the ball when there was no foul of ZZ to start the sequence. They have KNOCKED us off the ball on the dribble the whole half. They lead by 5 .... go do some math.
Go set in the corner and whine some more. We just need to play better. It gets old listen to you guys bitch about the refs every game when things aren’t going our way. You probably thought this game would be a cake walk. Why? It’s a friggin SEC opponent.

Reactions: gregmaynard2
Because they’re horrible? Did you see the push by Manjon before the foul on ZZ that led to free throws (and even ZZ’s foul was contact that was not called the rest of the game)? Vast majority if not all of the offensive rebounds Vandy were had were pushes similar to Vescovi’s. Manjon also pushed Zeigler out of the way behind him on his breakaway.

I don’t want to hear the homecooking ref excuse when we have more fans there.

Two things can be true. The refs suck. We sucked more. If we played like we should, the refs shouldn't be a factor.

When you suck like we did and let a suck team hang around and go ahead, then the refs become a factor. So if we don't want the refs to
be a factor, maybe start playing like the #5 team in the nation playing a team with 5 wins.

Go set in the corner and whine some more. We just need to play better. It gets old listen to you guys bitch about the refs every game when things aren’t going our way. You probably thought this game would be a cake walk. Why? It’s a friggin SEC opponent.
Simple... don't read it then!

Refs aren't why we're losing. Do they suck? Sure...but we played like dog s*** and Vandy has won 5 FREAKIN GAMES. And Vandy didn't play that well the first half. They aren't playing out of their minds.

For a 5-13 team, they’re playing very well. I don’t think anyone is suggesting Vandy looks like a good team because they don’t. They look better than a 5-13 team, though.

It can also be true that what they’re doing isn’t why they’re ahead. Their lead, despite that they have absolutely played well compared to how they usually play, is mostly due to our own shortcomings.

Refs aren't why we're losing. Do they suck? Sure...but we played like dog s*** and Vandy has won 5 FREAKIN GAMES. And Vandy didn't play that well the first half. They aren't playing out of their minds.
They have shot FTs well which might have been all they needed for the first half (we’re going to play better in the second half and the refs will call 20 fouls to continue being horribly inconsistent; I think we win overall though)

Most of the time I would be firmly in your camp on this. And this game has mostly been us just being terrible - lazy and completely just sleepwalking.

But the last 5 minutes of the half was terrible from an officiating standpoint. Is it the reason we are down? Nope - but it sure doesn’t help and when things get that bad, you can’t help but feel like you are playing 8 on 5. That was absolutely one of the worst officiating performances on that foul call/block/technical that I’ve seen.
I guess that’s the reason we messed free throws, missed open shots and turned the ball over. Come on.

Refs are terrible in every sport but they don’t cause players to throw the ball 45 feet over players heads.

I love people who whine about others who whine.

For a 5-13 team, they’re playing very well. I don’t think anyone is suggesting Vandy looks like a good team because they don’t. They look better than a 5-13 team, though.

It can also be true that what they’re doing isn’t why they’re ahead. Their lead, despite that they have absolutely played well compared to how they usually play, is mostly due to our own shortcomings.
Okay, I'll give you that Vandy could pass for a 6-12 team tonight.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
Well, we need some guys to step up in 2nd half. Pretty embarrassing basketball from the Vols. I wouldn't surprised if they just give the ball in halfcourt to DK and let him run the show. Aidoo has all his buckets because so much attention has been given to Knecht. No one else has done anything.
One of the messages at half should be to pass it to the open man out of the trap without creating a turnover. They’re going to keep trying to trap DK when he drives into the lane.

VN Store

Back