The Official #5 Tennessee @ Mississippi State Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Tolu Smith clearly stepped in the lane early on almost every FT attempt he made tonight. Guess that's something that's allowed in today's game.

Why tf would zakai shoot that?
Just a guess but probably had an internal clock going and thought they may try to foul once he got to a certain spot on the court. So he got room and decided to pull the trigger. Not saying it was a good shot, just a likely reason he may have shot it.

I thought we played super hard.

ZZ and Knecht really brought it. Vescovi didn't do much on offense, but he was a menace on defense.

Give Tolu Smith credit. He was an absolute monster.

My heart is pounding. It was an exciting game.
I agree. ZZ was phenomenal until the last minute. We kept composure and recovered from 15 down. With Aidoo out we couldn’t cover Smith or score down low. It’s hard to win on the road. I expect more offense from Santi and JJJ, but everyone has off nights. Seeing Knecht bounce back and drive well in traffic is a great piece of news. Obviously a bit of a lazy game from the refs, but satisfying to see us play a composed second half.

Listening on the radio it sounded like there were several 50/50 calls that went State way.

Almost all of them did. Fair or not, the refs were content to give MSU a great home court advantage tonight. Vols didn’t handle that well in the first half and it cost us.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I’m just so frustrated. We’ve now absolutely wasted two elite Dalton Knecht performances. Just flashbacks to last year where at the U4 timeout in road games we couldn’t even close if it was close.
My azz is burning.🔥 is that butt hurt?

I thought we played super hard.

ZZ and Knecht really brought it. Vescovi didn't do much on offense, but he was a menace on defense.

Give Tolu Smith credit. He was an absolute monster.

My heart is pounding. It was an exciting game.
We played hard in the first half, but MSU exceeded our energy level. That’s where we lost the game. Couldn’t buy a bucket in the first half. I was proud of the way the Vols brought it in the 2nd half. Too little, too late.

Not just that. Terrible turnovers. That pass by V late in the game should have him sitting the next half. You just can’t make that dumb of a play in that situation. Maybe if you’re a freshman. And the you sit the freshman so he learns.
It was a really bad decision, especially considering it was after a timeout.

To be fair it seemed any time Tennessee had a chance to take the lead someone took terrible shot or dumb turnover.

Reactions: hUTch2002

VN Store

Back