The Official #21 Tennessee vs. #17 Iowa Citrus Bowl Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, ABC

Yeah...someone going to have to explain to me how this is the #5 defense in the country...
I ain't buying it
Great analysis by Caleb Calhoun. The highest ranked offense Iowa played was #26 Utah St. and they would have been in the 70's if they were in a Power 5 conference. The only 2 ranked teams they played beat them by a combined score of 57-0.

This was our best game all year….i wonder what the difference was?

The benefit of playing an anemic offense, and Nico making his 1st start so the Hawkeyes preparing for him didn’t have any game film which is a flaw when a player is talented and competent.

Reactions: Vol1976
Heard on radio this week that Iowa had only given up one run greater than 20 yds. Sampson made it 2. Overall hard to take too much from a bowl game but Vols were ready to play today. INT on that drive by Iowa early was big. From there it was all Vols.

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
Just take a knee. I don't agree with throwing the ball up by 35 with 35 seconds left. Show some class....Run out the clock.

They weren't the 5th best D. Great analysis by Caleb Calhoun: The highest ranked offense Iowa played was #26 Utah St. and they would have been in the 70's if they were in a Power 5 conference. The only 2 ranked teams they played beat them by a combined score of 57-0. Speaks volumes about how weak the Big 10 is.

VN Store

Back