The Official #21 Tennessee @ South Carolina Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, ESPN2

The line went from one to two against Missouri. The line has moved form 2.5 to 3.5 for us. Vegas likes us in this game. I think Scar is coming off a high and we are bound to play much better. Vols win 71-65.

Didn’t we have like a 20 game win streak on South Carolina several years back? Seems like we lost it pearls last year.

Just looked this up.....

In January of 08 we started a 15 game win streak on South Carolina that ended in March 2015.

Also, South Carolina beat us in Knoxville in January of 2002 and didn’t win in Knoxville again until that March 2015 game which snapped an 11 game home winning streak.

Beginning with that loss in 2015 we are 1-4 vs South Carolina. Rick Barnes is 1-3 and has lost the last 3.

We need this win today.

I myself don't care much for losing, I've leaned on this team as sort of a "crutch" after our Football Season. I hope we come out ready to play, if so these guys can beat anyone.

Go VOLS!

Huh?

Need to know that would be huge. About to make big bet on USCe but that changes things

Didn't he tweak his ankle late vs UK? Also has anyone else noticed Purdue is probably the best team in the country and we own the nation's best win so far!

Didn't he tweak his ankle late vs UK? Also has anyone else noticed Purdue is probably the best team in the country and we own the nation's best win so far!

I’ve seen nothing about Silva’s status being in question and he was on the court to finish the game against UK, you might be thinking of the wrong guy.

He did tweak it in the game against UK, but he continued to play, finished the game and has practiced since...so I would guess he’s a go.

Oh I'm positive he's going to play just not sure what his status is as far as it being 100% or 90.. 80.. also he's prone to foul trouble, I'd go right at him and often early.

He’s very prone to foul trouble, would like to see him pick up a few quick ones.

I think he is in the top foul average per game along with Kerry Blackshear from VT with 3.4 per game. Seems like I heard that somewhere. Also believe Grant Williams is right there too, but he's also IMO unfairly picked on.

Last edited:
Not a knock on Williams but I think he’d have a hard time defending Sylva.

On offense we need to attack the paint all night long. Get Silva in trouble and it’s over. After him they’re not deep at all in the post.

On offense we need to attack the paint all night long. Get Silva in trouble and it’s over. After him they’re not deep at all in the post.

wonder if Martin is telling his team the same thing, but insert Grant instead...:)

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VN Store

Back