The Official #21 Tennessee @ Kentucky Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

I generally agree 100%, but then they go back and show the UT foul and it's legit...at least seemed like it was yesterday. That being said, PLENTY of holding calls against our DL all night long. Think JH needs to poke the bear some, and make a stink out of it...who cares if he gets fined. BB coaches wine and cry all the time to get refs to pay more attention to the other team.
I'm not saying any of the penalties called on Tennessee weren't warranted. But the neck wrap that was called offensive holding on the play that negated the Milton run to the 11 was repeated by UK and not called. And the holding call on Tennessee drew immediate flags from both officials in the backfield. If that hold was visible to two officials how was the similar hold by UK missed by both?

I'm not saying any of the penalties called on Tennessee weren't warranted. But the neck wrap that was called offensive holding on the play that negated the Milton run to the 11 was repeated by UK and not called. And the holding call on Tennessee drew immediate flags from both officials in the backfield. If that hold was visible to two officials how was the similar hold by UK missed by both?
Kinda makes you wonder if officials are getting gassed when we are on offense and we get more flags so they can catch a breath

I think UK had a good night throwing the ball around was due to our defensive game plan. UK's Adams came into that game as the SEC's leading rusher. It almost seemed as if by game's end he may not have had positive rushing yardage at all. That was the game plan. take Adams away from their offense. We did, they threw it all over and we won. Game plan was sound.

Reactions: rocketskates
Great win. I still think we lose to Georgia and at MO. 8-4 is not bad all thing considered.
I don't get why Vol fans are so eager to concede that game at all .... Watch their game with LSU. We will run right through them. We might not score 66 points against them for the 3rd straight year, but we will win that game.

... and is playing in Columbia that big a deal? That's the 2nd worst environment in the SEC .... only behind Vanderbilt. We beat them 66-21 in Columbia in Heupel's 1st season. They are getting waaaay too much credt on here.

I’m pretty damn amazed I was mostly right for the score because my score prediction was Tennessee 31-Kentucky 24 which wasn’t far off since Tennessee defeated Kentucky 33-27.

I’m very happy the Volunteers offense rebounded because they did score points in the second half.

I think UK had a good night throwing the ball around was due to our defensive game plan. UK's Adams came into that game as the SEC's leading rusher. It almost seemed as if by game's end he may not have had positive rushing yardage at all. That was the game plan. take Adams away from their offense. We did, they threw it all over and we won. Game plan was sound.

I agree. Stats are what they are but at the end of the day all that I care about are the numbers on the scoreboard. You can pass for 300+ yards and that's fantastic as long as you win.

I don't get why Vol fans are so eager to concede that game at all .... Watch their game with LSU. We will run right through them. We might not score 66 points against them for the 3rd straight year, but we will win that game.

... and is playing in Columbia that big a deal? That's the 2nd worst environment in the SEC .... only behind Vanderbilt. We beat them 66-21 in Columbia in Heupel's 1st season. They are getting waaaay too much credt on here.

Yeah, I don't get the fear of Columbia. There will probably be a lot of orange mixed in. Also, Mizzou is a solid team but they haven't faced a defense like ours all year. They squeaked out a win against an overrated KState and their other wins have been against cans

Last edited:

VN Store

Back