The Official 2024 NCAAT Watch Party Thread

Purdue is doing the exact thing they did against us by not making 3s. We just didn’t have the down low to match Edey.

Hurley used the exact game plan I was hoping we would use, and did to some extent - take away the 3 and single up Edey and let him have his 35 on 25-28 shots, make them live with tough 2's all night.

The difference is they had one guy they could single up on Edey without fouling constantly, because the officials weren't going to take Clingan out of the game. The other is they had a balanced attack and weren't subject to scoring droughts.

We played them the right way, but got crushed on the boards and couldn't find points anywhere aside from DK. That's why we lost, not because of Freakazoid.

Reactions: volwindy
Hurley used the exact game plan I was hoping we would use, and did to some extent - take away the 3 and single up Edey and let him have his 35 on 25-28 shots, make them live with tough 2's all night.

The difference is they had one guy they could single up on Edey without fouling constantly, because the officials weren't going to take Clingan out of the game. The other is they had a balanced attack and weren't subject to scoring droughts.

We played them the right way, but got crushed on the boards and couldn't find points anywhere aside from DK. That's why we lost, not because of Freakazoid.

Yep, UConn had 4 guys that scored 10+ and we had 1 also Purdue only shot 15 FTs against UConn and shot 33 against us.

I'm not saying it changed things BUT the national media ragging on Purdue and the way they were officiated had an impact. Cause they shot only 15 FTs against UConn and shot only 10 against NC State. So 33 against us then 25 in their next two games...

Do what? You literally said the exact same thing I did but used more words. I said we had no down low presence for Edey so that includes rebounding. We win that game if we have any kind of inside presence because Purdue guards are average at best so yea we did lose because of Edey.

Do what? You literally said the exact same thing I did but used more words. I said we had no down low presence for Edey so that includes rebounding. We win that game if we have any kind of inside presence because Purdue guards are average at best so yea we did lose because of Edey.

We didn't lose because of Edey, we lost because the game wasn't called the way the UConn game was called inside. Clingan and Edey were having s WWF match all night, but they let them play, and you didn't hear the Purdue fans whining all night like they were against us. Purdue shot 15 FT's all night, whereas Edey shot 22 by himself against us - that's a game changer.

That, the rebounding, and the inability to find non-DK points did us in.

Reactions: turbovol
We didn't lose because of Edey, we lost because the game wasn't called the way the UConn game was called inside. Clingan and Edey were having s WWF match all night, but they let them play, and you didn't hear the Purdue fans whining all night like they were against us. Purdue shot 15 FT's all night, whereas Edey shot 22 by himself against us - that's a game changer.

That, the rebounding, and the inability to find non-DK points did us in.

Ok. It circles back to not have a inside presence to match Edey which was my original point. If we had Clingan type then Edey is not shooting 22FTs against us. We got bullied down low because we had no one to match Edey like UCONN did. Good news is that Edey is gone.

Ha! It was the first thing I thought of when I saw the score. Touche!!
Thanks for being a good sport ! Hopefully they take a step back next year but it doesn’t look like this run is anywhere close to being finished for UCONN

VN Store

Back