The Official 2023 NFL Season Thread

Outside of a week or two Dobbs was pretty awful.

This entire year or for the Vikings? I would say that's accurate for the Vikings, but he only played 4 games there and showed up halfway through the season. Dobbs had the 18th-best QBR (the good rating stat, not the BS one) in the league for the Cardinals. He was mostly competent for them.

He wasn't set up to succeed, showing up in week 12 or whatever, and literally everybody took turns injured by his 3rd week there (Jefferson, Addison, Hockenson, Mattison, everybody on the OL....legitimately everybody missed quarters/games). I don't blame the Vikings for benching him. It was so bad you had to try something new, but I think with the benefit of hindsight they probably should've stuck with him. These other two guys have been in the system for 6+ months and are as bad/worse than him. Seems like he would have higher upside given that he's learning so much every week.

I ****ing hate Goodell and his clown antics. This is absolutely detestable. Just admit your moron ref made a mistake and move on

Cousin Sal made a pretty good defense of what happened on Saturday night. He commented on how it's understandable that there was confusion based on what we saw in replay, and he pointed out that over the loud speaker they indicate who is eligible. The Cowboys defenders did not hear 68 so they didn't have to guard 68, which could be the reason he was wide open. I think the most just thing would be to replay the down, no penalty, but it's definitely not fair to allow a 2XP there knowing the Cowboys didn't have to honor him as a threat.

Cousin Sal made a pretty good defense of what happened on Saturday night. He commented on how it's understandable that there was confusion based on what we saw in replay, and he pointed out that over the loud speaker they indicate who is eligible. The Cowboys defenders did not hear 68 so they didn't have to guard 68, which could be the reason he was wide open. I think the most just thing would be to replay the down, no penalty, but it's definitely not fair to allow a 2XP there knowing the Cowboys didn't have to honor him as a threat.

Of course. That’s what makes this so egregious. It should and would be going the other way if someone noticed that Allen said that 70 reported and didn’t catch he said 70 and thought he said 68. It’s why Allen should be fired.

Think about what Brad Allen did in the NFC title race

1) He gave San Francisco a week early to clinch home field

2) He potentially cost Detroit a divisional home game

3) He potentially cost Philadelphia the NFC East

4) Potentially affected the last wild card spot since San Francisco is now resting players and the Rams might be the 6 seed instead of 7.

He affected every single playoff spot in the NFC other than the NFC south winner in someway. He has to be held responsible

I ****ing hate Goodell and his clown antics. This is absolutely detestable. Just admit your moron ref made a mistake and move on

I'm sorry, I believe it is the responsibility of the player to clearly report, and if they hear a different number thry should speak up. Also, Detroit shouldn't have had two guys walking up to the office st the same time. Add this for clarity. I hate the cowboys

I can't believe that Nevada is divided into thirds with a home state team now. I get the game is basically meaningless but still.

That is insane.

Just counted (I’m off today and putting off laundry). The Cowboys either were on a prime time game or the FOX/CBS game of the week 15 times this year!!!!!!!!! 15!!!!!!!!!!! The only two? When they played the Cardinals (when there was only two afternoon FOX games so still about 40% of the country saw them) and the Panthers when Carolina was 1-9. Just absolutely insane.

Reactions: MAD
I can't believe that Nevada is divided into thirds with a home state team now. I get the game is basically meaningless but still.

Cowboys were the only non-coastal western sun belt team and won 2 SB's, so they were the most popular team in Oklahoma, Texas, NM, AZ, and NV. Then the Cardinals moved here in 1988 but nothing else changed until Raiders moved to LV. Even with a team here, many people didn't change loyalty and passed it down. 3 more SB's helped with that. So it's no surprise that Raiders haven't yet totally won hearts and minds.

Reactions: MAD
It will be interesting to see if Fed Ex can get a fifth season with the Falcons and I think he has to beat down the Saints on Sunday to get another year.

@The Dog , Eagles went to Super Bowl last seasons,now there is rumors flying around CNS is on hot seat unbelievable...

NFL is a win now don't care what you done last season...

Reactions: The Dog
@The Dog , Eagles went to Super Bowl last seasons,now there is rumors flying around CNS is on hot seat unbelievable...

NFL is a win now don't care what you done last season...
Philadelphia fans have A reputation of being the most critical fanbase in the country.

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back