The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread

now 2-1 argentina

and this is when I'd want Giroud if I was france. But either way, should be interesting in the last 10+ minutes

Argentina was in shambles and Messi gave them life in those last couple minutes. They couldn't end regulation that way.

Im not a huge soccer fan, but I can respect the talent between these two teams. The skill level on display is so good.
The WC is a fantastic gateway drug into the sport thanks to it being easy to invest in nation vs. nation matchups. If you appreciate the skill on display, you should dip you toes in the water of watching the club side of things because the quality is so much better thanks to the teams playing together week in and week out.

The WC is a fantastic gateway drug into the sport thanks to it being easy to invest in nation vs. nation matchups. If you appreciate the skill on display, you should dip you toes in the water of watching the club side of things because the quality is so much better thanks to the teams playing together week in and week out.
I would always get so pumped after every WC but struggled to get into club soccer. Since becoming a fan of Arsenal in 2016, it’s changed my perspective completely. Now I prefer club soccer over the WC.

Yeah, you caught me before I edited to say mainly Giroud. Dembele has been bad. With Giroud though, he’s been your second best player all tournament and is someone you need in front of the net. I think a formation change more than anything would net better results in my eyes. If you can get another man into that second level right in front of Argentinas midfield by having Dembeles sub less as a wing and more of an attacking mid with Giroud and Mbappe in front, then you can press the midfield more than the defense and be able to stretch your midfield wider. Argentina midfield has been on cruise control and winning a lot of balls back to the Argentina forwards. France should try the same. Idk, Dechamps has forgotten more about this game then I’ll ever learn so I’m sure he has his reasons.
You cannot chase a game with Giroud. They had to chase and the moves paid off. Now that it’s 2-2 and DiMaria off, Giroud would be perfect.

You cannot chase a game with Giroud. They had to chase and the moves paid off. Now that it’s 2-2 and DiMaria off, Giroud would be perfect.
Dechamps actually did employ what I said above, just without Giroud. Mainly had Mbappe and whoever the replacement was for Giroud, I forget his name, up top, and then took away the outlet passes clogging up the middle towards the midfield,

VN Store

Back