The Official #1 Tennessee @ Vandy Series Thread (Fri. May 10 7PM EST SECNET+) (Sat. May 11 3PM EST SEC NETWORK) (Sun. May 12 3PM EST ESPN2)

I said we could fully start Causey again and use Stamos as regular bullpen relief…what do you think of that…also paging @fryeguy93 @taylorvol for their thoughts…I get maybe you don’t mess with what is working but Causey is not showing any regression and Stamos would be a nice middle to late inning piece for the weekend
I like Stamos as an opener so they can’t stack a lefty lineup against Causey. It’s been working like a champ so I personally would leave it as is. How about those BaseVols!

Battle for the last SECT spot:

8. Alabama 11-14 (owns tiebreaker over Vanderbilt/Florida/Ole Miss, LSU still to play)

9. Vanderbilt 11-14 (owns tiebreaker over Florida/LSU/Missouri, Ole Miss still to be determined)

10. Florida 10-15 (owns tiebreaker over Ole Miss/LSU/Missouri)

11. Ole Miss 10-15 (owns tiebreaker over Missouri, still to play LSU, Vanderbilt still to be determined)

12. LSU 9-16 (owns tiebreaker over Missouri, still to play Ole Miss)

13. Missouri 8-17 (owns tiebreaker over Alabama)

Love that a Middle Tennessee kid put the dagger in them. The biggest reason for Tennessee’s rise in baseball and Vanderbilt’s decline has been the Vols’ ability to land Midstate kids who would’ve gone to Vandy 10 years ago….Beam, Burns, Tears, Dickey, AJ Russell, Rucker, Lindsey, Hunley, Scott, Denton, Behnke, and Tidwell are all midstate guys who have contributed mightily to the Vols’ run of success the last 4 years.
Kim Caldwell needs to reflect on this post… 😉😇

Last edited:
Battle for the last SECT spot:

8. Alabama 11-14 (owns tiebreaker over Vanderbilt/Florida/Ole Miss, LSU still to play)

9. Vanderbilt 11-14 (owns tiebreaker over Florida/LSU/Missouri, Ole Miss still to be determined)

10. Florida 10-15 (owns tiebreaker over Ole Miss/LSU/Missouri)

11. Ole Miss 10-15 (owns tiebreaker over Missouri, still to play LSU, Vanderbilt still to be determined)

12. LSU 9-16 (owns tiebreaker over Missouri, still to play Ole Miss)

13. Missouri 8-17 (owns tiebreaker over Alabama)
…stirs memories… 🤣😉

I said we could fully start Causey again and use Stamos as regular bullpen relief…what do you think of that…also paging @fryeguy93 @taylorvol for their thoughts…I get maybe you don’t mess with what is working but Causey is not showing any regression and Stamos would be a nice middle to late inning piece for the weekend
Hmmmm...no, leave as is. Stamos and Z's job is to throw a couple innings with the least amount of damage. If they go a bit more, great. If only 2, great. And they are doing that. It gets them reps and keeps them in a routine.Those couple innings every week are huge and keep from running AJ and Nate into the ground.

Hmmmm...no, leave as is. Stamos and Z's job is to throw a couple innings with the least amount of damage. If they go a bit more, great. If only 2, great. And they are doing that. It gets them reps and keeps them in a routine.Those couple innings every week are huge and keep from running AJ and Nate into the ground.
Ive been wondering where you have been! Hope all is well! It certainly is working well on both Fridays and Sundays!

VN Store

Back