The most delusional list of coaches who could replace Meyer at Ohio State

Bob Stoops might have a hard time turning that one down if he was 10 years younger, being that Ohio is home. He is now in Barry Switzer mode in Norman, so I don't think he gives that up.

Here is who i would interview if i were the OSU AD

Pete Carroll
Dabo Swinney
Brent Venables
David Shaw
Chris Peterson
Lane Kiffin
Bobby Petrino

Reactions: sport3500
From that list I would bet on Campbell being the hire.

A $7 million dollar buyout of Campbell's contract with ISU would be a tough pill to swallow, especially if they end up settling with Urban instead of firing 'with cause'.

I am guessing Urb "resigns" and OSU makes it worth his while. I doubt Urb gets the full buyout though.
North Carolina will be looking for a new head coach in November it would be very interesting if they try to hire Urban Meyer. He could rehabilitate himself coaching the Tarholes.

It's delusional to have Chip Kelly at #3 for sure. Kelly picked UCLA over Florida ... but they think there is even a chance that he would leave UCLA for Ohio State after just one season? Dumb.
If i were OSU i would rather have Pete Carroll than Chip Kelly

Bob Stoops might have a hard time turning that one down if he was 10 years younger, being that Ohio is home. He is now in Barry Switzer mode in Norman, so I don't think he gives that up.
He's living in Chicago, he has said he has no interest in returning to coaching

Schiono is #6 on that list..why is he not interim coach then ? asking for a friend
that list is insane....
I am sure Urban will squirm out of it...

Schiono is #6 on that list..why is he not interim coach then ? asking for a friend
that list is insane....
I am sure Urban will squirm out of it...
Urban is toast at Ohio State but i think he'll wind up coaching somewhere else like maybe LSU;)

ok..."a good young team" compared to a NC contender every year? Just saying. For probably more money!
Vrabel just bought a $2 million home in Forest Hills, so I don't think he's working on the cheap. Not sure exactly what his salary is but he is under a 5 year contract ... and he doesn't have to recruit.

Here's a list of places that might hire Urban Meyer if he's fired by Ohio State

1)LSU(Ed Orgeron will probably be canned if LSU underachieves again)
2)North Carolina(North Carolina will be looking for a head football coach in December)
3)Missouri
4)Colorado
5)Texas Tech
6)California
7)Pitt
8)Boston College
9)Kansas State
10)Utah

Reactions: sport3500
Vrabel just bought a $2 million home in Forest Hills, so I don't think he's working on the cheap. Not sure exactly what his salary is but he is under a 5 year contract ... and he doesn't have to recruit.

I know he's not leaving. I just said I wander what he's thinking. OSU maybe could have been his job if he wanted it. I'm pretty sure he's making about 2.5 to 2.8 mill a year. Easy money he would have received more from OSU.

Matt Campbell would probably be the top choice, or atleast one of the top three.

Lane Kiffin would atleast get an interview (imo) and I'm sure a few others would get some calls. I don't see Dabo as an Ohio St. guy and I'm not even sold he's eventually leaving Clemson for Alabama once Saban is done. No way at his age will Pete Carroll drop the NFL to go back to a life of recruiting. Chip Kelly has made it painfully obvious how much he hates recruiting and I don't think that'd hold up very long if he was constantly going up against teams like Michigan, Penn St., etc. Pac-12 recruiting vs Big 10 recruiting are worlds apart.

As far as Urban goes.. I don't think any big time program would be willing to take him on right away. He'd have to end up somewhere like North Carolina (as others have suggested) and repair his reputation for atleast 2-3 seasons before a major University came calling. Right now, especially in today's society where more actions are being taken to prevent these type of incident, he'd just be too toxic.

Honestly, I think Urban could've survived this had it not been for straight up lying at Big Ten media days. That's really the biggest thing that did him in. Ohio St. and company could've easily spinned this and put the blame (mostly) on multiple Police Departments for their failure to actually do anything about the incidents.

VN Store

Back