The more I see of Lebron the more I think he is a POS...

Ok I’ll try to spell it out for you...

Your favorite athletes aren’t perfect. And who cares anyway

Whoa, no one's perfect! Thanks! I bet no one here has ever heard that before.

Invoking Tiger Woods, and his "downfall" that LeBron has never had, only made that revolutionary point more convoluted than it needed to be.

Whoa, no one's perfect! Thanks! I bet no one here has ever heard that before.

Invoking Tiger Woods, and his "downfall" that LeBron has never had, only made that revolutionary point more convoluted than it needed to be.
You can’t deny that it makes it more of a headline when it’s an athlete of their caliber. Why?

Agree to disagree.

I'll say he is easily one of the most dominant players to ever play. Which makes it even more annoying to watch him flop, flail and/or cry nearly every time down the floor. And his reaction when he is whistled for a foul is laughable.

The traveling, carrying and double dribbling is an epidemic across all NBA. NBA sucks to watch. As one of the premier faces of the sport, he could take the lead on creating a fundamental brand of basketball. He instead takes the lead on the opposite.

Fan or not....you can't deny it.

Agree to disagree.

I'll say he is easily one of the most dominant players to ever play. Which makes it even more annoying to watch him flop, flail and/or cry nearly every time down the floor. And his reaction when he is whistled for a foul is laughable.

The traveling, carrying and double dribbling is an epidemic across all NBA. NBA sucks to watch. As one of the premier faces of the sport, he could take the lead on creating a fundamental brand of basketball. He instead takes the lead on the opposite.

Fan or not....you can't deny it.

That fundamental basketball you talk about sucks. That whole motion offense/mid range jumper/drain the clock type offense is terrible. I’ve watched 80’s basketball and it’s nearly unwatchable. The 90’s were even worse! How can you say you enjoyed 90’s basketball when it was 73-65 playoff games with a combined 40% FG? How is that fundamental basketball?

Also there’s 75 players way more responsible for the ruining of “fundamentals” than LeBron. LeBron is a drama king. His politics makes me roll my eyes. Blaming him for the alleged “deterioration” of basketball is ridiculous.

Reactions: NashVol11
Look at this beautiful game of basketball that LeBron ruined in 1997 with a combined 38.1% shooting!

D490591D-8508-4575-89F3-DE0889DCE39B.png

Pulled up a Knicks/Pacers playoff game from 1999. 41 combined turnovers! 6-28 from 3! 51 personal fouls!

This whole “basketball was sooo much better back then” is such an old and terrible take

That fundamental basketball you talk about sucks. That whole motion offense/mid range jumper/drain the clock type offense is terrible. I’ve watched 80’s basketball and it’s nearly unwatchable. The 90’s were even worse! How can you say you enjoyed 90’s basketball when it was 73-65 playoff games with a combined 40% FG? How is that fundamental basketball?

Also there’s 75 players way more responsible for the ruining of “fundamentals” than LeBron. LeBron is a drama king. His politics makes me roll my eyes. Blaming him for the alleged “deterioration” of basketball is ridiculous.

I'm all for fast paced offense. But not at the expense of fundamentals of the rules of basketball. Credit for any achievement is typically assigned to the leader of any organization. Failures are as well. Lebron is the self proclaimed "king". Kids growing up in the 2000s want to be like him, the same as kids wanted to be like Dr J and then Jordan. They mimic what he does, walking, flopping and crying and all.

Majority of NBA players suck in regards to dribbling, traveling and flopping. Harden, Durant, Trae young etc are some of the worst. But they and the majority of the NBA follow their "king". He's not the singular entity to blame, I agree, but he has the largest investment in the NBA brand stock.

He wants to be the king....lead by example.

Nets/Spurs NBA Finals 2003 Game 4

Combined FG: 54-168 (32%)
Combined 3’s: 5-27 (18.5%)
Personal Fouls: 49
Turnovers: 27

Imagine how amazing the game would be today if LeBron didn’t ruin it

Pulled up a Knicks/Pacers playoff game from 1999. 41 combined turnovers! 6-28 from 3! 51 personal fouls!

This whole “basketball was sooo much better back then” is such an old and terrible take
Come on ZJC....I can go pick out examples of high scoring games too. Go look at the highest scoring games in NBA history. Majority of regular season and playoff games on that list are pre-2000 games.

I believe you are misunderstanding what I mean by fundamentals.

I'm talking rules of the game, not style of play. I like a good defensive team, but I'd rather see offense. Within the rules of the game. NBA is barely watchable.

I'm all for fast paced offense. But not at the expense of fundamentals of the rules of basketball. Credit for any achievement is typically assigned to the leader of any organization. Failures are as well. Lebron is the self proclaimed "king". Kids growing up in the 2000s want to be like him, the same as kids wanted to be like Dr J and then Jordan. They mimic what he does, walking, flopping and crying and all.

Majority of NBA players suck in regards to dribbling, traveling and flopping. Harden, Durant, Trae young etc are some of the worst. But they and the majority of the NBA follow their "king". He's not the singular entity to blame, I agree, but he has the largest investment in the NBA brand stock.

He wants to be the king....lead by example.

Dribbling? You’re complaining about dribbling? Players can’t dribble? I’m sorry I’m not sure you’ve watched any NBA game in the last five years then. Steph? Ja? LaMelo? Trae Young? You bring up Dr. J? He dribbled with his head down!

If you’re gonna blame anything for the “failures” of the NBA game it’s not LeBron. It’s the advanced analytics about the paint and 3’s. That has way more of an impact than LeBron’s alleged “lack of fundamentals”.

This should have been common knowledge before now... it was verified when he doxxed that police officer with "you're next" for having to make a split second reaction to use lethal force when that girl was about to be stabbed

Last edited:
Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
Come on ZJC....I can go pick out examples of high scoring games too. Go look at the highest scoring games in NBA history. Majority of regular season and playoff games on that list are pre-2000 games.

I believe you are misunderstanding what I mean by fundamentals.

I'm talking rules of the game, not style of play. I like a good defensive team, but I'd rather see offense. Within the rules of the game. NBA is barely watchable.

LeBron doesn’t work in the league offices. Other than flopping (which the league has tried to combat) how can the league “fix” the game?

Dribbling? You’re complaining about dribbling? Players can’t dribble? I’m sorry I’m not sure you’ve watched any NBA game in the last five years then. Steph? Ja? LaMelo? Trae Young? You bring up Dr. J? He dribbled with his head down!

If you’re gonna blame anything for the “failures” of the NBA game it’s not LeBron. It’s the advanced analytics about the paint and 3’s. That has way more of an impact than LeBron’s alleged “lack of fundamentals”.
Double dribbling. Not actual dribbling. Ya like to nitpick instead of sticking to the point ...
There are elite dribblers in the NBA. Steph, Trae and Kyrie may be the best (when he actually plays).

Like I said earlier...agree to disagree. You pick one point and divert the argument. My opinion is LBJ is bad for the sport, albeit exciting to watch.
Your opinion is he is not bad for the sport. I respect that, although I disagree.

LeBron doesn’t work in the league offices. Other than flopping (which the league has tried to combat) how can the league “fix” the game?
Emphasize violations for traveling.
Emphasize violations for double dribbling.
Emphasize delay of games for crying/whining incessantly.
Emphasize charges when the player lowers their shoulder and drives into the defender.

Lebron Fined for Being Obscene
Another example of how big of a POS this guy is. He has fans removed from the game for being Obscene or saying inappropriate stuff and then Lebron does an Obscene (by some's standards) in the same game not to mention spewing profanity in his interviews.

Last edited:
Reactions: BreatheUT
Highest Scoring Games in NBA history

But again....I'm talking the walking, flopping, crying, whining, taking plays off, manipulating rules of the game, etc.

Not talking scores of the games. That a separate discussion.

End of the day Lebron is leader in the NBA and his brand of basketball destroys the rules of the games

I remember the 186-184 game between Denver and Detroit. Denver could put up a lot of points during that time. Alex English and Kiki Vandeweghe were great offensive players.

Lebron Fined for Being Obscene
Another example of how big of a POS this guy is. He has fans removed from the game for being Obscene or saying inappropriate stuff and then Lebron does an Obscene (by some's standards) in the same game not to mention spewing profanity in his interviews.

Pretty weak comparison between a well-known NBA celebration (and “profanity”…really?) and some fans allegedly saying they hoped his son died in a car wreck and making animal noises

VN Store

Back