The Memphis Grizzlies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OKC is not winning a championship. They couldn't beat the Heat with Harden and besides Westbrook and Durant, they don't have the necessary supporting cast after Ibaka to win a championship. Perhaps I'm wearing my three shades of blue sunglasses but the Grizz are a more complete team top to bottom than OKC. They'll rack up wins in the regular season, but they'll fail when it matters most.

If he wants more playing time, he'll choose OKC. That's one thing that OKC has the advantage on.

Unless our FO pulls off something big, we'll never see Miami. We do match up well with Miami, but we'll have to beat a lot of good teams in the west to ever have a chance. I don't think we've upgraded much while almost everyone else has. MM would be a nice fit, but we need a younger, healthier version of MM to hang with the elite in the West. And in fairness to the FO, they're out of cash!

Unless our FO pulls off something big, we'll never see Miami. We do match up well with Miami, but we'll have to beat a lot of good teams in the west to ever have a chance. I don't think we've upgraded much while almost everyone else has. MM would be a nice fit, but we need a younger, healthier version of MM to hang with the elite in the West. And in fairness to the FO, they're out of cash!

There wasn't much the Grizz needed to do. I know a lot of people in Memphis wanted to make a big splash, but all they needed was a few minor tweaks and to me, they've completed two of the three tasks. They have a backup PG and a backup C now. All they need is a shooter and hopefully Miller is that guy.

There wasn't much the Grizz needed to do. I know a lot of people in Memphis wanted to make a big splash, but all they needed was a few minor tweaks and to me, they've completed two of the three tasks. They have a backup PG and a backup C now. All they need is a shooter and hopefully Miller is that guy.

The biggest need has been a shooter for awhile now

I agree G24,
PG check,
backup center check,
just wonder if MM could log the PT needed to be effective and spread the defenses that smoothered us last year.

Sure. But he isn't an NBA athlete and he can't shoot.

Neither is Tim Duncan, Zach Randolph, Greivis Vazquez, Andre Miller, Shane Battier, JJ Redick, Jose Calderon, Marc Gasol, and they've been fine. Not that Calathes will make an impact like those guys but athleticism doesn't make a difference at all if the guy can play smart high IQ fundamental basketball.

Not lashing at you TBrown. Just putting my 2 cents in. We're good.

Wroten is an athlete but he sure is hell is not a polished basketball player. Calathes is a basketball player. Deandre Jordan is an athlete, but Marc Gasol is a basketball player. Blake Griffin is a polished athlete but he's no match for a basketball player like Zach Randolph.

Last edited:
Neither is Tim Duncan, Zach Randolph, Greivis Vazquez, Andre Miller, Shane Battier, JJ Redick, Jose Calderon, Marc Gasol, and they've been fine. Not that Calathes will make an impact like those guys but athleticism doesn't make a difference at all if the guy can play smart high IQ fundamental basketball.

Not lashing at you TBrown. Just putting my 2 cents in. We're good.

Wroten is an athlete but he sure is hell is not a polished basketball player. Calathes is a basketball player. Deandre Jordan is an athlete, but Marc Gasol is a basketball player. Blake Griffin is a polished athlete but he's no match for a basketball player like Zach Randolph.

In a sport of the world's premiere athletes, athleticism does make a difference. Miami has won the last two championships on athleticism and shooting. Duncan and Gasol are 7 feet tall, Randolph is a once in a lifetime floor bound, glue-handed, crafty player. Also, if you don't think we'd flip Zbo for Blake Griffin yesterday you're crazy. JJ Reddick can shoot the lights out. The grizzlies were offered Andre miller and said no thanks. Shane battier can also shoot.

The point is- he isn't an athlete AND he can't shoot. To be a perimeter player, ya kinna have to be able to do one or other. At his absolute ceiling, he is greivis vasquez for 12-14 minutes a game. It's much more likely he's another waste of a backup PG who defenses don't respect and who can't guard anybody.

Wroten is going to be the same Wroten everyone complains about until he gets playing time. Give me the guy who can get to the rim at will and has the capability to defend anyone.

Reactions: 1 person
Joerger also has a pretty significant track record of developing young players from his time in the D league. Calathes is what he is. You can become a better basketball player, you can't really become a better athlete.

Mike Miller talking again with Joerger today.

I don't know what to make of this. I'm afraid he has his mind made up for OKC and Joerger and co are on a last ditch effort to persuade his decision, or perhaps Joerger is closing the deal today (hopefully).

Mike Miller talking again with Joerger today.

I don't know what to make of this. I'm afraid he has his mind made up for OKC and Joerger and co are on a last ditch effort to persuade his decision, or perhaps Joerger is closing the deal today (hopefully).

If we want him, we'll probably need to offer multi-year. I'm not so sure we want three.

Multi-year deals are dicey for us because we are at the projected tax line for next year as well. That's why this offseason has been so slow for us--unwilling to offer multi-year deals.

Plus Mike Miller's camp believes he is healthy and can play out this year to prove it, then sign a bigger FA deal next offseason. Who knows though? I really think he is just deciding between essentially the same offer with OKC and us.

Multi-year deals are dicey for us because we are at the projected tax line for next year as well. That's why this offseason has been so slow for us--unwilling to offer multi-year deals.

Plus Mike Miller's camp believes he is healthy and can play out this year to prove it, then sign a bigger FA deal next offseason. Who knows though? I really think he is just deciding between essentially the same offer with OKC and us.

I'm positive it's the same offer from both franchises. I think he's just deciding on what situation is the most comfortable for him.

I'm positive it's the same offer from both franchises. I think he's just deciding on what situation is the most comfortable for him.

Yes. I'm sure he will choose KD over the Grizz, just feels that way.

Also Mike Miller being healthy for one full year is a joke. Dude can barely get up and down the court anymore with that bum back.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Spurs are going to withdraw their offer to Gary Neal. Makes him unrestricted FA. Man if we could work out some $$ for Neal that would be epic.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back