The Leukemia came Back Nation

Sorry I dissapered yesterday. Been in Jackson General hospital with Dennis. The school called yesterday and told me his elbow had swollen and he was running a fever. Next thing we know we're in the ER and he had to be admitted and he has been getting intravenous antibiotics. They don't have his blood cultures back yet but they're believing its Cellulitis. He's doing good and the antibiotics seem to be brininging down the swelling and redness. He tested positive for Strep throat and they think that lead to this. He had popped a pimple on his elbow and it's the elbow he coughs into so just like that I suppose.

Got the scare of my life but he's doing fine. Just got to stay here for another day of so to make sure the antibiotics continue to do they're job. These bugs going around these days are no joke at all. I have never seen an infection take off that fast. Heck Lauras MRSA didn't pop up that fast

Sorry I dissapered yesterday. Been in Jackson General hospital with Dennis. The school called yesterday and told me his elbow had swollen and he was running a fever. Next thing we know we're in the ER and he had to be admitted and he has been getting intravenous antibiotics. They don't have his blood cultures back yet but they're believing its Cellulitis. He's doing good and the antibiotics seem to be brininging down the swelling and redness. He tested positive for Strep throat and they think that lead to this. He had popped a pimple on his elbow and it's the elbow he coughs into so just like that I suppose.

Got the scare of my life but he's doing fine. Just got to stay here for another day of so to make sure the antibiotics continue to do they're job. These bugs going around these days are no joke at all. I have never seen an infection take off that fast. Heck Lauras MRSA didn't pop up that fast
Cause you needed something else to deal with. Dang!

Do you have plan to take care of you? Are there people with you who are watching out for you while you watch out for Laura and the kids? You probably don't see what it sucks out of you, but caregivers need a plan to take care of their health too.

Do you have plan to take care of you? Are there people with you who are watching out for you while you watch out for Laura and the kids? You probably don't see what it sucks out of you, but caregivers need a plan to take care of their health too.
My neighbor has been a huge help. She watched out for Laura while I was at the ER with Dennis yesterday. I've came home to change this morning and Laura's mom came over to sit with him then we're going to rotate out.

He doctors came in this morning and they're almost certain it's streptococcus cellulitis. We'll know for once we get the blood cultures back in the morning. That great news is that the anibiotics is working and his fever going down. He also got his appetite back. He woke up this morning craving a Meatball sub lol. He destroyed a foot long just a bit ago and's hungry again. If he keeps improving at this rate he should be able to come home early next week. I'm gathering up his XBox One now so he'll be living the good life the next few days.

I'm okay and I'm taking it one day at a time. One of the main reasons why I've been able to hold up as well as I have is because of yall. You have no idea how much yalls thoughts prayers kind words and suport has helped me and my family. I read every comment and they bring me strength and comfort. You guys are the best support anyone good ask for.

All my best wishes and prayers for a complete recovery. My lung cancer came back and has metastasized to the other lung. My oncologist has put me on immunotherapy and said there are a lot of very promising results being observed in just the past few months. Maybe you could ask your doctor about immunotherapy for her.

My neighbor has been a huge help. She watched out for Laura while I was at the ER with Dennis yesterday. I've came home to change this morning and Laura's mom came over to sit with him then we're going to rotate out.

He doctors came in this morning and they're almost certain it's streptococcus cellulitis. We'll know for once we get the blood cultures back in the morning. That great news is that the anibiotics is working and his fever going down. He also got his appetite back. He woke up this morning craving a Meatball sub lol. He destroyed a foot long just a bit ago and's hungry again. If he keeps improving at this rate he should be able to come home early next week. I'm gathering up his XBox One now so he'll be living the good life the next few days.

I'm okay and I'm taking it one day at a time. One of the main reasons why I've been able to hold up as well as I have is because of yall. You have no idea how much yalls thoughts prayers kind words and suport has helped me and my family. I read every comment and they bring me strength and comfort. You guys are the best support anyone good ask for.
Hang in there brother. Cry when you gotta cry, hold her, the kids, and know we're glad you share with us, so we can pray for you guys.

Reactions: dduncan4163
All my best wishes and prayers for a complete recovery. My lung cancer came back and has metastasized to the other lung. My oncologist has put me on immunotherapy and said there are a lot of very promising results being observed in just the past few months. Maybe you could ask your doctor about immunotherapy for her.
Hate to hear about your cancer but it great to hear that you have new options to fight it. Thanks so much for the encouragement. Her cancer is aggressive but the good thing is we still have a few avenues if this chemo isn't successful.

You should not be ashamed of crying when things overwhelm you my friend. I cry almost every day when I’m alone and miss my wife and little girl. I pray God wraps his arms around you, Laura and your family and heals and comforts you all.
Thank you so much

Hang in there brother. Cry when you gotta cry, hold her, the kids, and know we're glad you share with us, so we can pray for you guys.
Thank you brother. They're going to switch Dennis's antibiotics up today. The infection hasn't receded but the positive is that is hasn't spread to the bone, bloodstream, or absessed. Hopefully we'll know for sure what it is today. They still think it's most likely Strep Cellulitis but we won't know for sure till we get those blood cultures back. My heart breaks for Laura because they can't be here with him. Her immune sustem is just to compromised to risk another infection. She's been beside herself because she feels useless not being able to mother him in here.

Thank you brother. They're going to switch Dennis's antibiotics up today. The infection hasn't receded but the positive is that is hasn't spread to the bone, bloodstream, or absessed. Hopefully we'll know for sure what it is today. They still think it's most likely Strep Cellulitis but we won't know for sure till we get those blood cultures back. My heart breaks for Laura because they can't be here with him. Her immune sustem is just to compromised to risk another infection. She's been beside herself because she feels useless not being able to mother him in here.
I can relate my friend. My wife has gotten so depressed when she's had chemo, a surgery, or a flare up. She feels like she's failing as a wife or mom. I know it's rough, but that's when we gotta reassure them how awesome they are!

I can relate my friend. My wife has gotten so depressed when she's had chemo, a surgery, or a flare up. She feels like she's failing as a wife or mom. I know it's rough, but that's when we gotta reassure them how awesome they are!
Brother it rips mt guyts out seeing her suffer the way she does. She has every reason to be bitter and angry at the world right now but she doesn't have one bad thing to say about anyone. Hell all she worries about is me and the kids. She is the definition of loving and selfless.

Your wife sounds so much like Laura. We are both truly lucky men brother. We can both say we know what true love is. Most people no matter how hard they try will never find their soul mate.

I'm making sure I take care of myself. One of the best things I've done for my mental health is vent and talk things through here. Volnation is my refuge. I'm able to be the rock my family needs because yall are the rock I need. I know how corny tat sounds but it's the truth. I'd be lost without yall

Hey guys sorry I haven't updated the last few day. It's just been hectic. At Vanderbilt with Laura now. She's getting her weekley spinal tap chemo now. Got good news. Dennis should be able to come home later today or in the morning. The blood culture came back Sunday and he had a Staph and Strep infection. It took a while to find antibiotics he responded to but he hasnt had a fever for 36 hours and the swelling and redness is going down nicely now. The hospital said us getting him to the ER as quickly as we did meant all the difference. It could have been WAY worse than what it ended up being. If you have any sudden redness or swelling pop up get to your ER immediately. All of this started when he popped a pimple on his elbow.

I'll try to update again when we all get settled in tonight or in the morning.

Reactions: joevol33
Prayers Duncan. I honestly can't imagine what you're going through and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

VN Store

Back