The Last Person to post wins XVIII

@Behr

PettyKindlyHummingbird-size_restricted.gif

Jim was a salesman that worked at one of the new Super Stores that sold everything, anything available to be sold to the public could be bought at this store.

One morning the General Manger was walking around with the Area Supervisor and saw Jim demonstrating a rod and reel to a gentleman, so they decided to watch and listen to Jim do his thing.

Reactions: Souce
Jim tells the guy, you put the reel on the rod and put the rod and reel in the boat, and you're ready to go fishing.

Dude says, I don't have a boat.

Jim says, brother, I got boats, all kinds, styles, colors. Some aluminum, some fiberglass. Come on, let's find you a boat.

So they go look at boats and he finds the one he wants.

Jim says, aight, you put the reel on the rod, put the rod and reel in the boat, put the boat on the trailer and you're ready to go fishing.

Dude says, I ain't got a trailer.

Jim says, I've got trailers, I've got them different colors, made of different material and with different color and style wheels. Let's go find you one for that boat.

He picks out a nice trailer that matches the color of his boat.

Jim says, aight, you put the reel on the rod, put the rod and reel in the boat, put the boat on the trailer and hook the trailer to the truck and you're ready to go fishing.

Dude says, (yea you guessed it)...I ain't got a truck.

Ole Jim says, I've got trucks, all makes and model, different colors, Leather interior or cloth, 4 wheel drive, diesel, whatever you want, I've got.

Dude picks out a beautiful truck that matches his trailer and boat.

Jim says, aight. Put your reel on the rod, put the rod and reel in the boat, put the boat on the trailer and hook the trailer to the truck
..now you can go fishing!

Reactions: 508mikey and Souce
Well dude is happy and Jim takes him to the cashier. Dude pays, $98,956.56 and leaves.

Now, the GM and the Area Supervisor are in total disbelief. They would have never believed it if they hadn't seen it. They go over to Jim and the GM introduces Jim to the AS.

The AS says, Jim...that was absolutely amazing. I've never seen anything like that in all my years in the business. No doubt you will be awarded salesman of the month with just that one sale. I can't believe that guy just wanted a rod and reel and you sold him all that.

Jim said, oh no, he came in for a box of tampons and I told him his weekend was fawked and he might as well go fishing.

Bituli returns to the field in the first defensive series of the second half. Alabama ball on their own 25. Hurts takes the snap. Hurts steps away from the rush. Harris reaches out and swats Hurts. The ball is loose! Bituli scoops it up off the turf! He's got a clear path to the end zone! Touchdown, Tennessee!

So, 6 months later the Area Supervisor drops by to say hi to his top salesman.

He finds the GM and asks how Jim is doing and where he is. He tells the GM that Jim has out sold all the other salesmen in the whole company, nationwide, by almost triple and he wanted to tell him how great he's doing in person.

As the GM is taking the AS to see Jim, he tells him Jim has become an arrogant prick. He says Jim has become almost unbearable to be around and that none of the other employees like him. He said, just today Jim told me that you could go chit in a hat.

The AS said, really? The GM said, yes, and he told me I could go Fawk myself.

The AS was silent for a second, then he said well, I got a hat and you've got a problem.

I told the story about Behr and the rabbit several years ago. I know Modbock and Yankee "heard" it, but I don't remember who else was around then, I don't remember what year it was.

Maybe I should do a search and see if I can find out. Duh.

VN Store

Back