The key to making a bowl game: Peterman

playing most, if not ALL of the Chattanooga game. I understand that it's homecoming and that the senior QB should get the start, but in reality, Nathan Peterman should be able to lead the Vols to a W over Chatt.

Coach Jones, if you're taking notes from the Volnation Coaching Academy, please play Peterman.

Pretty sure, he is NOT!

Yep. I agree with the premise. I think Peterman and Dobbs should get time early.
Bring Worley in only if they get us nervous.

Peterman is not ready for prime time but he should be. He didn't look ready to play vs. ga. Look for a QB battle next year. :question:

Yup. Peterman scares me.I'm worried that we will be starting a true freshman QB in 2015, I have that little confidence in Peterman and Dobbs.

Yup. Peterman scares me.I'm worried that we will be starting a true freshman QB in 2015, I have that little confidence in Peterman and Dobbs.

That's basically why I'm saying to play him against Chat. It A) shows us if Pete can beat anyone at all, and B) preserves Worley for another week. The QB situation for 2015 is scary.

You guys all in on Peterman? No playing time for Dobbs?

Personally, I THINK Peterman is better, but I'd still like to get both some more experience assuming we have the opportunity.

You guys all in on Peterman? No playing time for Dobbs?

Personally, I THINK Peterman is better, but I'd still like to get both some more experience assuming we have the opportunity.

I think they're trying hard to redshirt Dobbs. Makes the most sense seeing how he's all about his education and not too worried about leaving early for the pros.

2 former Vol Coaches with more bowl wins than our entire current staff combined had this same sentiment a couple weeks ago. They said Peterman needs meaningful snaps in every game (suggested first half).
If we had given our Junior offensive linemen some playing time last year (there were plenty of games that were over in the first quarter - like Oregon, Auburn, Bama, Missouri) maybe we wouldn't be complaining about how they have lack of experience.

Our last offensive co-ordinator had some special plays for Peterman to utilize his skills (and we had Bray then), but never actually used them. He might actually be able to run more of the offense since he is more mobile than Worley

Don't you mean "lineman"

I wouldn't mind seeing all three in the chat game. Worley first quarter, Peterman until the fourth unless he is just terrible like he was against UGA, and Dobbs in the fourth.

I wouldn't mind seeing all three in the chat game. Worley first quarter, Peterman until the fourth unless he is just terrible like he was against UGA, and Dobbs in the fourth.

They're not going to play Dobbs in 2014 unless they HAVE to.

Step 1...Get a 4 TD or more lead in the 1st half.

Step 2...Starters come out in 3rd quarter and get another TD.

Step 3...Then you start working in the subs for lots of playtime, knowledge and experiece and film to study to coach them up more.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

I wouldn't trust peterman to beat the little giants. Icebox would kill him. In all seriousness we will worry about what qb to put in the game if we are up big on utc when we get there. They could give us a great game tho. This will be their Super Bowl. See south Alabama last year. Take nothing for granted, one game at a time, especially with a young team.

The key to making a bowl game!!

Huh....let me think.

Wait a min......I got this...

Huh.............how bout.........

WINNING!! :hi:

There are only two teams on the schedule I think we can beat without Worley: Chattanooga & Vandy.

Playing Peterman at Chattanooga doesn't add Kentucky to that list IMO.

Peterman played like crap against Florida. I don't fault him with Georgia though. He did a couple quick passes, then the play calling had him the pocket to long.

If he plays most of the game we will lose imo, he does not have it between the ears and is a practice warrior. He looks like he has never played in an actual game most of the time he is on the field, completely lost.

Funny. So do you.

This. Worley needs to work on his long ball and read option keeps lol

Worley is about 9 games away from his career being over. Unfortunately, "working on his long ball" is a little past due. Peterman, on the other hand, has 3 years left and could be the starter next year. BUT...we have to get him in a game where he actually has a chance to run the offense. We've only seen panicked Peterman. I won't lose faith in him just yet.

Worley is about 9 games away from his career being over. Unfortunately, "working on his long ball" is a little past due. Peterman, on the other hand, has 3 years left and could be the starter next year. BUT...we have to get him in a game where he actually has a chance to run the offense. We've only seen panicked Peterman. I won't lose faith in him just yet.

Exactly. We need to see "Patient Peterman"

This is how it should and will go down. Worley will play until we have a comfortable lead and peterman will go in with the rest of the reserves and play mop up duty. That's just the way all teams do it.

...BUT...we have to get him in a game where he actually has a chance to run the offense. We've only seen panicked Peterman. I won't lose faith in him just yet.

I agree. Peterman needs real time experience so he can build confidence and learn to settle into a groove. .

VN Store

Back