The Kentucky Postgame Report

I hereby declare this a successful BB season. For me, there are really only 4 games in the regular season that get me excited: the ones against Vandy & Kentucky. When you can sweep Vandy & split with the 'Cats, that's sweet.

Reactions: 1 person
KENTUCKY HEAD COACH JOHN CALIPARI

(On assistant coach John Robic being ejected)
"They (the officials) got the call wrong. John was disappointed about it. I don't think that he said enough to get tossed, but they did it."
(On the post-Nerlens Noel part of the season)
"This was a hard game to begin with. We are still trying to learn how we are going to play offensively and what we are going to do defensively. Today, we came into an inspired team. I told the guys after, I've had teams come up here (to Tennessee) and get smoked like this before. I've had a couple teams come up here and get smoked like this. The difference is that the good teams look at it and learn from it.

"This is sports and sometimes it happens. They deserved to beat us by 50 points, today. They played harder, they played rougher and they executed better. They were stronger with the ball. We just had passive guys who did not want to make plays. We gave up four offensive rebounds in the first two minutes - you aren't going to win. We have to go back to the drawing board. I'm going to have to figure out what we are going to do offensively, and we'll go from here. I'll burn the tape from this one. I won't watch it. I had to sit through it, so I'm not going to sit through it again."

(On seeing this coming)
"I did. They (the players) were awful in practice. This week was our worst in four years. It was because guys were a little anxious and tired out. You are worried that `I have to step up and I don't know if I have that. I told them that if we don't take charges in this half, we are running 20s before practice and then we are running them after practice on Monday. Then they came out and took charges. Guess what, we don't have a shot blocker, so we have to take charges. We talked about it.

"We have a couple of guys who are not real coachable. You tell them over and over and over again what you want to do, and they do their own thing. When they realize that if we don't do this all together, that we are going to have more of these (losses) it will change. I have to do my thing on what we are going to do offensively and defensively, but we (the coaches) can't go out there and play for them. We can't go out there and battle for them. We can't want it more than they do. That aside, if you watch practice, you thought `uh oh.'

"This team (Tennessee) hadn't beaten us in awhile, kind of like Florida. Now, this was their chance to get that wounded animal. They rode the car over us a couple of times--over and back, over and back. The way that we played, and the way that they played, even if we had Nerlens (Noel) we would have gotten beat--big. We had two or three guys in this game who couldn't play--they just couldn't get open. We'll get back. I've done this 20-something years and I've had this happen. The question is: Will they respond coming back. The only way that you can respond is to change. We have to realize that the things that we are doing aren't right."

We win today by 10+ even if Noel plays. UK is not good, and we are getting better. Told you before the season that this was the worst Cal team in a long time. They have no depth, no upperclassmen, and the freshmen are playing like freshmen.

We win today by 10+ even if Noel plays. UK is not good, and we are getting better. Told you before the season that this was the worst Cal team in a long time. They have no depth, no upperclassmen, and the freshmen are playing like freshmen.

I said the same thing and got bashed. I even went as far to say that this team may be unranked and I was laughed at and mocked...hmmmm.

Was at the game,,really enjoyed seeing Cauley-Stein smart off to Calipari. None of them wanted any part of the ass whooping. Poytress did not want to play. He fouled himself out with 9 minutes left. Right after that, the 7 footer fouled himself out (he had one technical foul). The best part - TBA was stacked to the rafters. Great turnout.

Didn't get to watch the game we were being smoked in our flag football game...lol. but great to beat the cats... I will be breaking out the small batch whiskey n enjoying a great win....

For NCAA tourney purposes? Yes.

But for everything else (pride, momentum, confidence, etc...), it's not even close.

Oh I know that. I just wanted to take another shot at ky should any of their butthurt fans be reading this site.

Yep, and Golden was 11-12. Golden seems like a completely different player since coming back from the hamstring injury.

I think Sparty might be on to something...golden looked much quicker out there. Martins said it post game as well, they were able to get his legs back under him. That injury may have been a blessing in disguise.

I think Sparty might be on to something...golden looked much quicker out there. Martins said it post game as well, they were able to get his legs back under him. That injury may have been a blessing in disguise.

I'd agree if we could've beaten freakin' UGA. That loss stings. That will hopefully be our worst loss of the season. Golden is playing like he was last year. Maybe Martin runs them in the ground and practices them too hard. Golden looks like a new man now.

^^^ hahaha Calipari. He said it, he said he had a couple of guys that are uncoachable. Then why the hell are they on the team? I was at the game. In my opinion, the two uncoachables are Poytress and Cauley-Stein. Man up Calipari and boot them.

an impressive game for sure,the thing that impressed me the most,was there ball handling,it was nice to see good passing and seeing the offense click was great too

It's always a good day to be a vol!!! But today is special!!!! Feels good to feel good!! Maybe, just maybe we have turned the corner. Great write up as always ZJC!!!:good!:

Last edited:
^^^ hahaha Calipari. He said it, he said he had a couple of guys that are uncoachable. Then why the hell are they on the team? I was at the game. In my opinion, the two uncoachables are Poytress and Cauley-Stein. Man up Calipari and boot them.

I think the Ky beat reporter quoted him as saying that Goodwin was uncoachable. I'd imagine some of these players won't have a choice to be back next year and one of them is Goodwin. Poythress may be the other. Ky will be loaded next year so there are going to be some players out of luck.

And today was a perfect example of a ref not taking any sh*t from an asst coach as I've said before. They will take crap from a head coach for awhile but a Ky asst coach got mouthy and Shows kicked his ass out immediately.

Poythress acted like a whiny punk today, was that just me or did y'all feel that way. He looks like he thinks he's better than everyone else??? What's up with that?? Has he always been that way, or going to KY give him the entitlement attitude??

I think the Ky beat reporter quoted him as saying that Goodwin was uncoachable. I'd imagine some of these players won't have a choice to be back next year and one of them is Goodwin. Poythress may be the other. Ky will be loaded next year so there are going to be some players out of luck.

C Stein mouthed off to Calapari,,the coach did not like it one bit. It was shortly before Stein fouled out. This UK team gave up. Mainly from the azz whooping but I didn't see a whole lot of respect towards Calapari. Any way, I really enjoyed the packed house, the victory, and also stumbled across the recruits that were visiting. Smoking hot hostess's. GBO

VN Store

Back