The Heisman Pose

No, I don't want to hear you compare Bush's pork and fallacious war to FDR's much needed social policy's and his leadership during WWII.

Well, for one thing, if FDR had the same media and political climate of today, he would be called a war monger. He always sayed the US needed to be apart of WWII well before Pearl Harbor. Many of that period write, that if not for the attack he would have attacked Japan first.
For his social policies, their is a reason they've called FDR's folly. He was elected to end the depression, which Hoover had started and FDR made worse by raising taxes higher than they already were.
FDR was known for beating Hitler and keeping the spirits up for his country. He considered a great president by most, but your statements are not quite accurate.

No, I don't want to hear you compare Bush's pork and fallacious war to FDR's much needed social policy's and his leadership during WWII.

those much needed social policies are really helping us out now

It is just so sickening that people like Volatile cannot appreciate a the same difference of opinion that he expects. Just because someone does not want his choice for candidate then they MUST be racist.

WTF? You make no sense and I touched on racism with one sentence. It's still alive and well, believe me. Have I flamed anyone for their opinion? Yet I've been criticized myself for supporting Obama. I expect what I've heard from the people arguing with me.

:crazy:

I'm not sure anyone really knows what it means, but its going to cost you about $875,000,000.....

I seriously doubt it will cost us as much as the War in Iraq.

Would you guys like to know the top 5 largest annual deficits in Amercian history and the administrations responsible for them?

1. 2004 (George W. Bush) $413 billion
2. 2003 (George W. Bush) $378 billion
3. 2005 (George W. Bush) $318 billion
4. 2006 (George W. Bush) $296 billion (projected)
5. 1992 (George H. W. Bush) $290 billion

Do you really think cutting taxes while running up a tab like this will do America any good?

Would you guys like to know the top 5 largest annual deficits in Amercian history and the administrations response for them?

Do you really think cutting taxes while running up a tab like this will do America any good?
I trust in Georgegbnewairforceone.jpg

I don't like Bush, so I don't know why you assigning his arguments for war to me.

How did FDR accomplish getting those much needed social policies?

Cronyism perhaps????? Stacking the supreme court to his favor....??????

Who questioned his leadership during World War II?

FDR is one the greatest presidents we have ever had.

It is impossible not to compare FDR and Bush.

Somebody has imbibed the kool-aid! I believe we should be particularly grateful to FDR for raising income tax rates to 94%...

Would you guys like to know the top 5 largest annual deficits in Amercian history and the administrations responsible for them?

Great stats. Unfortunately, they're in a vacuum and have no merit as presented, except that the gross dollar figures are the highest.

My most recent vehicle purchase was the most I've ever spent on a car. I'm clearly a spendthrift, right?

Great stats. Unfortunately, they're in a vacuum and have no merit as presented, except that the gross dollar figures are the highest.

My most recent vehicle purchase was the most I've ever spent on a car. I'm clearly a spendthrift, right?

not only that, but swil failed to include what percentage of the GDP those figures represent. Clinton's deficit/GDP ratio wasn't as good as W's and until a GOP led congress forced Clinton into a balanced budget, he had deficits as far as the eye could see.

not only that, but swil failed to include what percentage of the GDP those figures represent. Clinton's deficit/GDP ratio wasn't as good as W's and until a GOP led congress forced Clinton into a balanced budget, he had deficits as far as the eye could see.
part of my point exactly. Debt / deficits have to be viewed in light of one's ability to pay, otherwise, they're just numbers.

O, rly?

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 27 Feb 2008 at 09:20:39 PM GMT is: $932,230,691,106.24

The estimated population of the United States is 304,476,465 - so each citizen's share of this debt is $30,636.95.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of $1.59 billion per day since September 29, 2006!

Now, who's been leading us since then?:question:

U.S. National Debt Clock

O, rly?

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 27 Feb 2008 at 09:20:39 PM GMT is: $932,230,691,106.24

The estimated population of the United States is 304,476,465 - so each citizen's share of this debt is $30,636.95.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of $1.59 billion per day since September 29, 2006!

Now, who's been leading us since then?:question:

U.S. National Debt Clock
Way to absolutely avoid responding the BPV's main point in his post.

So, to use your analogy- we arn't just making a one time transaction of a car. We are increasing our debt by buying roughly 63,600 cars every single day (assuming your car was valued at $25,000).

Now, I don't know about you guys, but 30K is a lot of money to me. I really don't want that number growing anymore.

So, to use your analogy- we arn't just making a one time transaction of a car. We are increasing our debt by buying roughly 63,600 cars every single day (assuming your car was valued at $25,000).
Try this analogy. A earns 1,000 a month and spends 3,000 on credit. B earns 10,000 per month and puts 15,000 on credit. Who is better off in the long run?

Try this analogy. A earns 1,000 a month and spends 3,000 on credit. B earns 10,000 per month and puts 15,000 on credit. Who is better off in the long run?

Both are headed for bankruptcy. A will get there more quickly.

I am glad you understand. Now, using that same analogy as a tool, take the same amount of time to research into our annual budget deficits compared to our annual GDPs. I have a feeling you are going to be quite surprised by what you find.

With that mindset, the capital markets would cease to exist and we could live in an economy similar to that of Kenya.

Innovation, gone in SWILland.

VN Store

Back