The Golf Thread

Took it straight over the hotel and faded it. Thought I was going to bounce it off the lobby, but it somehow caught the extreme right side of the fairway. You can't believe how crazy the angle is off the tee and how much the fairway wraps around the building. On the approach, the flag was 45 on!?! I tried to bounce a 6 iron in, but it got into a slope and stopped and left me with well over a 100 foot putt. I got it within about 8 feet and lipped the par putt.

Here's the evidence. It was striking how much greener it was than I thought it would be.

I hit the same drive. Thought I had over cut it and it was perfect. TV doesn't do the approach any justice either. Crazy hard iron shot. Hit the same iron as you too, but mine went through onto the road, from where I successfully got up and down...making a 15 footer to do so. Sorry about the smart azz remark earlier. Can't help myself sometimes. Did you get up to Ma Belles tavern? It's in the basement of the St. Andrews Golf Hotel, straight back from the R&A

I hit the same drive. Thought I had over cut it and it was perfect. TV doesn't do the approach any justice either. Crazy hard iron shot. Hit the same iron as you too, but mine went through onto the road, from where I successfully got up and down...making a 15 footer to do so. Sorry about the smart azz remark earlier. Can't help myself sometimes. Did you get up to Ma Belles tavern? It's in the basement of the St. Andrews Golf Hotel, straight back from the R&A
been to the Jigger Inn behind the 18th green, Dunvegan's and the Russell Hotel so far.

Got ***** slapped by Carnoustie today. Man alive is that place hard in a 20 mph wind.

Reactions: 1 person
been to the Jigger Inn behind the 18th green, Dunvegan's and the Russell Hotel so far.

Got ***** slapped by Carnoustie today. Man alive is that place hard in a 20 mph wind.

i would have just used my putter......:eek:lol:

Pure entertainment. My caddy was named Ian and his girlfriend just moved to Atlanta. He went on and on about how great Waffle House and Dunkin Donuts were when he visited and was shocked when I described Krispy Kreme. I spent a majority of my time between shots inciting the caddies and making them argue with each other.

They also know every square inch of the course. You don't do anything but listen and hit it... until you disagree and Everybody starts giving crap to each other.

very impressive, GA....that's on my bucket list, and hope to make it over 1 day

Glad you are out an about. I've been sore all over for 15 years. It doesn't help, but I try to keep going, and stay moving.

It doesn't, you probably have more of an excuse than me though. I've finally got back in the gym and trying to be healthier. Sat around for 2 years and didn't do anything and now my body is trying to adjust to being more active again.

It doesn't, you probably have more of an excuse than me though. I've finally got back in the gym and trying to be healthier. Sat around for 2 years and didn't do anything and now my body is trying to adjust to being more active again.
I have a lot of arthritis in my back , neck, hands, feet, and knees. So far, the shoulders and hips are good.
I saw a man in the local golf shop last week who can barely walk. He is really crippled up bad, way worse than me. He said that he plays almost every day, and shot 84 for the day. I was impressed.

I think it's the hardest of the Scottish Open rota courses. Of course The Old Course, is far and away, the easiest.

Have you played Jubilee or New Course?

I think it's the hardest of the Scottish Open rota courses. Of course The Old Course, is far and away, the easiest.

Have you played Jubilee or New Course?

Missed Jubilee because of a flight problem getting over there. Squeezed in New Course on Saturday afternoon after playing Kingsbarns in the rain in the morning. New Course is still wide open, but you have to be a little more careful off the tee than at the Old Course.

Carnoustie was rough, but the hardest course I played was the Castle Course. It was blowing sideways about 30 all day and the green complexes at that place are just not fair IMO.

Missed Jubilee because of a flight problem getting over there. Squeezed in New Course on Saturday afternoon after playing Kingsbarns in the rain in the morning. New Course is still wide open, but you have to be a little more careful off the tee than at the Old Course.

Carnoustie was rough, but the hardest course I played was the Castle Course. It was blowing sideways about 30 all day and the green complexes at that place are just not fair IMO.

Castle wasn't built when I was over there. Have heard same thing from others who have played it

Castle wasn't built when I was over there. Have heard same thing from others who have played it
The hardest stretch of holes I played was Castle 10-12. They were all uphill into the wind. The elevation change from the clubhouse behind the 10th tee to the 13th tee is 200 feet. According to my pedometer, I climbed 90 floors walking that place.

88 today, short game is really getting better. Just can not hit a full iron shot right now. 2 months ago I hit them great and now I've lost it.

Moved to Bristol for a new job. What are the area courses I should check out? I've heard of Crockett Ridge, Clear Creek, and Country Club of Bristol.

Moved to Bristol for a new job. What are the area courses I should check out? I've heard of Crockett Ridge, Clear Creek, and Country Club of Bristol.

It's a bit of a drive, but Graysburg in Chuckey. Obviously if you can afford it, pull some strings, etc, both the Olde Farm and Virginian are very close as well just over in Virginia. Warriors Path is a decent course, just some wild holes due to the mountains. Red Tail is another course I really like.

Crocketts Ridge is by far my fav in the area. Tri Cities is nice, they got a new greenskeeper and it's looking much better. Pine Oaks looked great earlier this year, but it's gone down a little, was fairly rough shape Sunday. Cattails at Meadowview is really nice but a bit more expensive than all the others. Graysburg is a drive but very nice. Feel free to give a shout we play every weekend.

VN Store

Back