The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

2nd Round of Regionals for Vols Golf has concluded…they sit in 2nd place with a 15 stoke cushion on qualification for Nationals! They are 10 back of first place Texas who is rolling.

Last edited:
I don’t care what the player requests. If it was bad enough for you to complain about it in batting practice then it’s bad enough for you to not play today, or maybe even a few days. I’ve seen too many guys get those oblique injuries and the best thing to do in those situations is to not play and work on stretching until the tightness issue is corrected. You know what happens whenever you try to make explosive movements (like swinging a bat) with a tight oblique muscle? They tear or they strain and then you are looking at being out for 4-8 weeks minimum instead of taking a week off to get right. Typically, whatever side you bat from, the oblique that is pitcher-side will have more stress on it. A right handed batter will tend to have left oblique issues (which is what Riley has) and vice versa. Coaching malpractice imo.

Spot on. Oblique injuries are serious in my opinion too. Same for what a player wants or doesn't want. It's also why I like an independent physician deciding if a player is concussed or not.

VN Store

Back