The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Chipper Jones hit his first two career home runs on May 9 and 10 in 1995 at Shea Stadium. Who were the two Mets pitchers who surrendered these homers?

A. Bobby Jones and John Franco

B. Josias Manzanillo and Bret Saberhagen

C. Jason Isringhausen and Josias Manzanillo

D. Pete Harnisch and Josias Manzanillo

Reactions: knoxvol52
Chipper Jones hit his first two career home runs on May 9 and 10 in 1995 at Shea Stadium. Who were the two Mets pitchers who surrendered these homers?

@cobbwebb0710 should know this answer.

I have a feeling this is going to end up being a Jordan Love story. Michael Penix, Jr will end up sitting behind Kirk Cousins for 2 seasons and will only play in garbage time or out of necessity due to injury. It will be good for Penix in the long run but I’m still flabbergasted at the pick. Falcons needed a lot of help in other areas and now they are going to only get 3 quality years out of a rookie QB contract instead of 5.

Yeah, I'm torn, but I think if you have a chance to grab a player you believe will be a top QB, you kind of have to do it, it's that important. And Cousins ain't no spring chicken. But, hopefully they are right! We shall see.

@cobbwebb0710 should know this answer.

I know his first was off Manzanillo but don’t remember or know who served up his 2nd??
I’m pretty sure his first tied the game in the 9th?

TRIVIA ANSWER

D. Harnisch and Manzanillo

Manzanillo surrendered the first of Jones’ 49 career homers against the Mets, and Harnisch allowed the second the very next day.

Chipper’s first homer was a go ahead homer in the 9th inning.

First home run
Jones said his father always told him if he could hit in New York, he could hit anywhere. So, there was an extra thrill when the Hall of Famer belted his first career home run in a 3-2 win over the Mets on May 8, 1995 at Shea Stadium. The ninth-inning, go-ahead homer off Josias Manzanillo was the first of the 49 homers he’d hit against the Mets.

Servers for VolNation are having issues on wifi so you may have to use cellular data to be on here.
It might be the opposite for some people We had an issue with our name servers. It's corrected but it could take some time for everyone to see the site properly again.

VN Store

Back