The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

I mean there’s some truth to it. When I was a grad student from 2011-2014 there weren’t many fans in attendance. You never heard it talked about around campus. It was probably different in the 90s when they were good, but I think the experience is going to depend primarily on the era you were raised in.
In the mid-70s I was doing grad work at MTSU, and baseball was very popular there then.

Of course, tube tops were in fashion then, and many coeds were using the baseball stands as a tanning booth.

You would have thought the PE Dept was offering a lab course on stealing signals, there were so many guys with binoculars at those games.

Olivia Dunne moves to edge of her seat.
Her NIL deal is estimated at $3.9 million and is 2nd overall per On3's tracking.

200.webp

I mean there’s some truth to it. When I was a grad student from 2011-2014 there weren’t many fans in attendance. You never heard it talked about around campus. It was probably different in the 90s when they were good, but I think the experience is going to depend primarily on the era you were raised in.
There’s only truth in it for our fans. He means tennessee made college baseball nationally relevant. Which is somewhat true, 2022 had viral moments left and right, but anyone who watched for our antics on 22 isn’t watching now. The NCAA made sure of that

He may get fired but props to him for having the balls to say what some individuals think.
I won’t give him props. He is fighting the inevitable and his actions won’t hold up in court so not only will he get fired but he is also opening himself up to huge fines. He can have his views on NIL and say what he believes in but whether he likes it or not he cannot restrict someone from making money. I guess he shouldn’t make any money since he is a first year head coach? See how that works? Not really fair now is it? He comes off as a delusional idiot to me. Either be the head coach and deal with the nonsense or don’t. I don’t care either way but don’t complain about stuff whenever you know what you signed up for accepting the job after being an interim coach.

I won’t give him props. He is fighting the inevitable and his actions won’t hold up in court so not only will he get fired but he is also opening himself up to huge fines. He can have his views on NIL and say what he believes in but whether he likes it or not he cannot restrict someone from making money. I guess he shouldn’t make any money since he is a first year head coach? See how that works? Not really fair now is it? He comes off as a delusional idiot to me. Either be the head coach and deal with the nonsense or don’t. I don’t care either way but don’t complain about stuff whenever you know what you signed up for accepting the job after being an interim coach.
That's fine pay these young men and women.., that's cool

But when they up and leave a school for bigger paydays fans need to quit complaining .Because fans who think pay these players and they will be loyal for all 3 or 4 years are delusional.

Fans Can't have their cake and eat it too.

Now that's my gripe I m okay with paying players, what I'm not okay with is fans who say players are quitters and screw them because they leave for more money.
Lol like not any fans would't had done the same thing years ago if they had the opportunity .

Last edited:
Reactions: VolPack22
D1 Regional Predictions are interesting

#3 Tennessee
Connecticut
Virginia Tech
Niagara

#14 Georgia
Wake Forest
Southern Miss
Austin Peay

The Knoxville regional is ho-hum but that Athens region is INSANE.
The Georgia - Austin Peay opening game may take 6 hours to play.
Wake would be tempted to save Burns for a game against UGA BUT why save a guy that many of the UGA players had seen in prior seasons? But, many of the USM guys will remember Burns appearance in Hattiesburg as well but at least that was not a full game.

IMHO, Kentucky does not pass the "eye test" to be the national #1 seed.
D1 pairs up several SEC teams in Super region play
10 SEC teams are picked to make tourney with 7 hosting and 4 being national seeds

#1 Kentucky vs. #16 South Carolina
#2 Texas A&M vs. #15 UC Santa Barbara
#3 Tennessee vs. #14 Georgia
#4 Clemson vs #13 Duke
#5 Arkansas vs #12 Mississippi State
#6 North Carolina vs. #11 Virginia
#7 Florida State vs. #10 Oklahoma
#8 East Carolina vs. #9 Indiana State

Florida is picked as 3-seed at Duke
Alabama is picked as a 2-seed at North Carolina
Vanderbilt is picked as a 3-seed at Virginia

I'm not sure I "buy" South Carolina as a 16 seed. Especially since they close with UGA and Tennessee. So this pairing may take care of itself. However, WarrenNolan.com's computer predicts a SC sweep over UGA and 1-2 at UT.
Georgia and Duke as well as Mississippi State and Virginia could be swapped to avoid a intra-conference Super Regions. However, in some season, it appears the committee likes intra-conference pairings with SEC to limit 75% of Omaha fans chanting "SEC SEC SEC"

Clemson has the easiest region. Oregon, Coastal Carolina and Sacred Heart (No SEC teams)
Florida State has no SEC teams but does have tougher Troy and UCF teams
There's no SEC teams at all in the ECU/Indiana State pods.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back