The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Say what…I was speaking to prof about the Falcons schedule he posted. The AFC-NFC crossover games are the least meaningful games so unless the Bears are 3-0 or 0-3 it’s almost like an extra 3 weeks of preseason football.
I understand the preference for divisional rivalries, but a dub is a dub in the NFL. There are only 17 opportunities to make hay for a playoff spot.

If you got a reputation as an umpire, regardless, yer doing it wrong.

Ever heard of a great umpire?

Didn’t think so.
Jim Joyce is probably the only umpire I respected. He blew a perfect game and went and found Sanchez and apologized profusely. He couldn’t change the call but he owned up to it. The guy was crying because he felt so bad about that call. Sanchez responded about as nice as you could imagine. That let me know all I needed to know about Joyce. I wish more officials/umps would take it as seriously as he did, instead of thinking they rule over the sport.

Jim Joyce is probably the only umpire I respected. He blew a perfect game and went and found Sanchez and apologized profusely. He couldn’t change the call but he owned up to it. The guy was crying because he felt so bad about that call. Sanchez responded about as nice as you could imagine. That let me know all I needed to know about Joyce. I wish more officials/umps would take it as seriously as he did, instead of thinking they rule over the sport.
I remember that. You’re correct. I know there are plenty of great officials out there. Rarely do they achieve notoriety based on positive circumstances.

Some scheduled are brutal in NFL this upcoming season.

Cowboys
@Browns
@steelers
@49ers
Vs DETRIOT
Vs Ravens
Vs Bengals
Vs Texans

Plus the normal Eagles, Commanders and Giants home and home
That’s how it works. If you win the division last year then you play division winners the next year.

VN Store

Back