The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Some very odd midweek scheduling in the conference this week. I’m sorry, but unless it is another big program, SEC teams shouldn’t be relegated to playing these midweek games on the road. We can pay these schools more money to come to our turf than they would earn hosting a single midweek game. If you want to schedule a weekend series, fine. I’m glad Tony has shifted us to hosting all of our midweek games with the smaller schools. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Kentucky and Alabama lose. Troy is a very good ball team.

Kentucky at Xavier
South Carolina at Winthrop
Alabama at Troy

Some very odd midweek scheduling in the conference this week. I’m sorry, but unless it is another big program, SEC teams shouldn’t be relegated to playing these midweek games on the road. We can pay these schools more money to come to our turf than they would earn hosting a single midweek game. If you want to schedule a weekend series, fine. I’m glad Tony has shifted us to hosting all of our midweek games with the smaller schools. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Kentucky and Alabama lose. Troy is a very good ball team.

Kentucky at Xavier
Alabama at Troy
I was told winning or losing a mid week game doesn't matter.

If these teams lose its no big deal.

I was told winning or losing a mid week game doesn't matter.

If these teams lose its no big deal.
It matters if the other teams around you win their games. Texas A&M and Arkansas just so happened to drop 2 games this week also. Had they only dropped 1 game you know we would be sliding a spot or best case remaining put instead of jumping two spots. This week had more to do with what the other teams did than what we did. I think people lose sight of that fact. Going 2-2 with a conference series win on the road vs 3-2 or 2-2 with conference series losses on the road is pretty much a wash to me. A&M did deserve to drop because LSU is awful this year but Arkansas was playing a formidable opponent. I’m looking at it objectively. I’m glad we are number 1 but I’m not going to pretend like we went out and took it. Teams ahead of us lost on the road so we slipped in the back door. And one of those series involved the top 2 records in the conference.

Braves schedule is wacky. Off today play a quick 2 game series at home vs Boston. Then back on road to play the Mets.
Braves have the same record as the Marlins over their past 10 games. Go ahead and mark that 2 game set as a split and wouldn’t be shocked to see us lose or split the next several series until maybe Pittsburgh. Then we get 7 games with the Nationals and A’s in Atlanta to hopefully get back on track.

vs Boston 1-1
@ Mets 1-2
vs Cubs 1-2
vs Padres 2-2
@ Cubs 1-2
@ Pirates 2-1

28-22 overall record whenever the Nationals come to town. We will probably be at least 6 games back of the Phillies at this time. Wouldn’t be shocked to be 8 games back.

@cobbwebb0710
Maybe you need to talk @VolPack22 off the ledge about the Braves.

He is giving them hell.🤦🤦🤦
Yeah maybe you’re right. We have had to play 4 of the current division leaders and we are 5-7 against them. And 5 of those losses are by 1 run or extra innings. We are 6-7 in games decided by 1 run or extra innings. That’s the difference in being an elite team vs an average team though. Have to win the close games.

The Dodgers have only had to play 1 series against a current division leader and lost that one 1-2 to the Cubs. They won’t have to play another division leader for another month IF the Yankees are leading or IF the Royals are leading. Outside of that the Dodgers avoid potential division leaders until July with the Brewers and Phillies leading up to the All Star Game.

Yeah maybe you’re right. We have had to play 4 of the current division leaders and we are 5-7 against them. And 5 of those losses are by 1 run or extra innings. We are 6-7 in games decided by 1 run or extra innings. That’s the difference in being an elite team vs an average team though. Have to win the close games.

The Dodgers have only had to play 1 series against a current division leader and lost that one 1-2 to the Cubs. They won’t have to play another division leader for another month IF the Yankees are leading or IF the Royals are leading. Outside of that the Dodgers avoid potential division leaders until July with the Brewers and Phillies leading up to the All Star Game.
Yea also the West was predicted to be this bad either. The Diamondbacks and Giants are struggling and the Padres are treading .500 ball. The Rockies are the Rockies.

Yea also the West was predicted to be this bad either. The Diamondbacks and Giants are struggling and the Padres are treading .500 ball. The Rockies are the Rockies.
The Astros being behind the A’s at any point in the season is the most shocking thing to me lol. But the A’s heater will end eventually. The Astros being this bad, idk if that will change enough to make the playoffs but it’s hard to believe they’re THIS bad

@cobbwebb0710
Maybe you need to talk @VolPack22 off the ledge about the Braves.

He is giving them hell.🤦🤦🤦
I’m not sure who is more stubborn, VP or OB?!
There is no changing their minds!😂
Both are just passionate about their Bravos.

The Braves will be ok and I’m not stressing about the Dodgers series.
By the end of the season, I think they may be in the conversation as the best offensive baseball team, in MLB history.
Let’s just see how they hold up, in a long season.

By the end of the season, I think they may be in the conversation as the best offensive baseball team, in MLB history.
That’s kind of their problem. They’ll win 100 games or more, I’m sure. But offense doesn’t win in the playoffs, pitching does.

I wouldn't stress too much either til the Dodgers Express rolls into Braves Ball Park September 13-16.

Shoehei and Freddie and Mookie driving the Bus..🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

braves will be OK. Went to my 1st MLB game in 1966 in Altlanta, suffered though the bad & good years. It's baseball, folks. :cool:

Kentucky at Xavier
Alabama at Troy
I like the looks of that! Not on us if those idiots don't know how to schedule. 😂

VN Store

Back