The Cornerbacks....who starts?

Expectations? He came from UGA and Louisville who have been much better than us in recent years

Adjusting to culture is the expectation. I hope our culture is higher than both schools he played at. Coach Warren said Shaq is adjusting. Relax

It may be that Wiggins isn't putting the team first. Maybe he's only thinking of the draft. Or thinking of the draft first. Or something like that.

It may be that Wiggins isn't putting the team first. Maybe he's only thinking of the draft. Or thinking of the draft first. Or something like that.

He could be thinking of girls...or video games...or Game of Thrones? :dunno: Or he's perfectly fine, trying to fit in and we're making up stuff out of thin air? :)

This coaching staff loves the fact that they don't have to name a starter. They want the competition. They have two players in Mosley and Martin and were able to bring in another guy who they both have to worry about taking each of their job in Wiggins. This is the same thing going on at every position really besides Mike LB. Kirkland seems to have that locked up however, they continue to give Jumper plenty of praise just enough to make Kirkland uneasy. They won't say where Robertson will start on the online cause then that eliminates the competition. Kelly is the starting RB but Butch says all the freshmen will play. Jennings is going to start but none of the other spots are solidified. Wolf will start but the coaches say they are going to run 2 TE sets and won't name the other starter. I think the coaches have an idea of the two deep already but by no means do they plan to let the players know at this point. I honestly think it's a great thing for the development of this team that we don't have a bunch of super star players locked in to starting positions. Hell, they won't even lock Kelly a 3 year starter into a lock for starting safety. I think this teams depth is going to benifit greatly from the way the coaches are going about spring and fall camp. IMO. Go VOLS!

Reactions: 4 people
Is maleik Gray in the mix.... Is he still on the team? Haven't heard his name this year..is he hurt? What's the word? Thanks

Is maleik Gray in the mix.... Is he still on the team? Haven't heard his name this year..is he hurt? What's the word? Thanks

Looks good in practice. We are deep at safety this year, not really in the mix for a starting job, as he shouldnt be as a freshman. But from what ive read hea had a good camp so far.

Reactions: 1 person
So Tyler Byrd is actually gonna stay at WR? That seems like a mistake imo kid looked like a all sec corner coming out of hs. If Martin and Moseley are the best you got at Corner it seems like he would be needed there more then on offense

Last edited:
Mosely has been held out for a minor injury and Wiggins is learning the playbook, so I expect them to share a start and Martin to start one position with a FR or 2 giving chase.

Warren said he is adjusting to the culture at Tennessee. That's all. Practice tempo and expectations.

Yeah everybody knows Georgia and Louisville don't know how to get ready to play on Saturdays! I hope they don't screw this up, but it's starting to stink

Let's all save ourselves a bit of time and trouble and say it now: Our CB play will be bad.

This coaching staff loves the fact that they don't have to name a starter. They want the competition. They have two players in Mosley and Martin and were able to bring in another guy who they both have to worry about taking each of their job in Wiggins. This is the same thing going on at every position really besides Mike LB. Kirkland seems to have that locked up however, they continue to give Jumper plenty of praise just enough to make Kirkland uneasy. They won't say where Robertson will start on the online cause then that eliminates the competition. Kelly is the starting RB but Butch says all the freshmen will play. Jennings is going to start but none of the other spots are solidified. Wolf will start but the coaches say they are going to run 2 TE sets and won't name the other starter. I think the coaches have an idea of the two deep already but by no means do they plan to let the players know at this point. I honestly think it's a great thing for the development of this team that we don't have a bunch of super star players locked in to starting positions. Hell, they won't even lock Kelly a 3 year starter into a lock for starting safety. I think this teams depth is going to benifit greatly from the way the coaches are going about spring and fall camp. IMO. Go VOLS!

This is a good post. This is exactly what they are doing. This scheme won't work unless you have some quality depth that looks the part. This team has less sure stars but more quality depth competing for starting slots. A really good situation IMO.

I knew I started drinking early today! Ha, thanks for the correction.

Can't fault a man for that. Weekends were made for Michelob or whatever u like to drink. I'm a Bud man and enjoying a few 2night

Nailed it

I hope it's Martin and Wiggins. Moseley is average, Martin has all sec potential and Wiggins is a playmaker.

VN Store

Back