the CAVS are going to the play offs thread.

But they want to trade Sexton.

Not me. We need a super scorer tho. This is a very young team. would love to dump the love salary, they held on to him too long. It was for the leadership position, and mentoring the young guys, but not worth 30 mill a year.

Not me. We need a super scorer tho. This is a very young team. would love to dump the love salary, they held on to him too long. It was for the leadership position, and mentoring the young guys, but not worth 30 mill a year.

I do like him but I don't know what a real contender can do with him. He's not a setup guy, and though he's a good scorer, he's not elite (yet). Even the elite guys who have size struggle to consistently produce in the playoffs when they're limited to perimeter scoring. I can't picture a team that would be a contender with Sexton having the ball 40%+ of the time. He's especially a problem in Cleveland because you have two small guards. If Mobley and Garland can max their potential, you've got such an awesome core 2 where basically any good wing could slide in and you'd have a great-fitting big 3. Sexton is better than Garland right now, but I can't picture a big 3 that fits well with Sexton in it.

Reactions: IluvdoubleD's
right now you got every one trying to score to make points, if you got yourself a high percentage shooter, it would free the team up to play the paint and inside game more.

Cavs look good, Allen and the rookie, Mobley are ballin', probably averaging 30+, 23+ and 4 blocks a night between 'em. Garland, Sexton, Rubio, all playing really well. I'm impressed, definitely a playoff team, imo

I'm as surprised as the rest of you, but they are playing so loose and free.... full of energy.... it's probably the youth. Jarrett Allen has been better then expected, and they are probably healthier then I've seen them in a few years rn.

TBH I believe the whole reason he went to LA was to set up his young king. It's my opinion he wants to build a team for bronny in LA.

TBH I believe the whole reason he went to LA was to set up his young king. It's my opinion he wants to build a team for bronny in LA.

I can't see how that could be his plan. LAL is going to build their team how they want. They're not going to draft Bronny in 2024 just because Lebron used to be a superstar, and they're even less like to build a team for him.

man, let me tell something about lebron. He doesn't join ANYTHING he doesn't have a major say in. How'd AD wind up there?

man, let me tell something about lebron. He doesn't join ANYTHING he doesn't have a major say in. How'd AD wind up there?

Lebron had superstar sway then and it was also the right personnel move.

He will not have the same superstar sway in 2024.

Somebody might stretch for Bronny in part to get Lebron, but the odds that it's the Lakers are not great

IDK what Lebron is going to look like by 2023-24, but Cleveland is looking like a perfect one-and-done last hurrah opportunity for a fading superstar. The backline is sick. It's enough to make up for defensive weaknesses like Love and Markannen, so they can play around old ass Lebron. Garland has the right skill set to complement Lebron. Not sure if he's gonna ever be a reliably healthy player tho. Need to turn Sexton and Markannen into better-fitting players and perimeter D.

VN Store

Back