The "Big Fish" Quarterback Rumor

No seriously every bama fan is saying how devastating a loss this is and UT fans are going wild

They are all being sarcastic. It has come up more than once and they just play along every time it comes up. This is why it would be that much sweeter if it actually happened.

So let me get this right, the guy Matt was talking about & the "Big Fish" the staff was talking about is Phillip Sims. & we are expecting him to de-commit from Bama & announce his commitment to Tennessee either today or in the next couple days?

So let me get this right, the guy Matt was talking about & the "Big Fish" the staff was talking about is Phillip Sims. & we are expecting him to de-commit from Bama & announce his commitment to Tennessee either today or in the next couple days?

Thats what were thinking. It would be nice if Matt would come out and say somethin

is there any free bama sites similiar to volnation where i can read what they have to say?

tidefans.com or al.com/forums/tide/

People post 1/20th as often as people post here. This is probably the best free sports site there is. This site is amazing.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure he's that great of a quarterback, but the meltdown from the Bammers would be awesome to watch. It also gives us a ton of momentum in recruiting. I guarantee that if it happens, he won't be the #1 quarterback on Rivals anymore. They will drop him in the next rankings.

I believe this is in fact about Sims. Matt took no time to dismiss the speculation of the "big fish" being Heaps and I'm convinced he would've done the same about Sims if it weren't true. He may tease the hell out of us but I don't think he'd let us get this into it without it being true.

Look at all the clues, it's gotta be Sims.

Thats what were thinking. It would be nice if Matt would come out and say somethin

Not trying to get my hopes up but i think its already a little to late. If this is true, get ready for this recruiting class to skyrocket. Getting him would help us land the OL & playmakers we need.

I'm not even sure he's that great of a quarterback, but the meltdown from the Bammers would be awesome to watch. It also gives us a ton of momentum in recruiting. I guarantee that if it happens, he won't be the #1 quarterback on Rivals anymore. They will drop him in the next rankings.

and the people on the main board will say that nobody else wanted him and so on.

I believe this is in fact about Sims. Matt took no time to dismiss the speculation of the "big fish" being Heaps and I'm convinced he would've done the same about Sims if it weren't true. He may tease the hell out of us but I don't think he'd let us get this into it without it being true.

Look at all the clues, it's gotta be Sims.
He elimated Heaps actually.....

Isn't that what happend with Crompton when he committed here, he went from #1 down to #3 or something like that?

Any Bama forum like TideFans, Scout, and Rivals haven't said nothing about Sims for months I guess. They are still as calm as still water as of today...

nice thinking...

hopefully it's not just wishful thinking.

But it all makes sense to me. Matt can't reveal who the fish is cause of "where the prospect is at". I don't take that literally as to where he's physically located but I draw it up to be the status of his recruitment. Sims is currently commited to Bama and has shown no signs of decommiting through the media that I know of. If Matt came out and said Sims was in fact decommiting from Bama and coming to UT before Sims talked to coaching staffs, friends, family ect it would just cause chaos. It's a respect thing on Matt's part and the right thing to do. That's what I think.

How is someone over the age of 21 going to sit on their computer all day and post about rumors involving 17 year old kids.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Maybe you missed the part where I said I do my work on a computer. Also, there could be many reasons. Has it ever occurred to you that someone could be disabled? I am not saying I am but you're making a generalization that everyone should be like you.

Seriously though... even if I was just a big loser with no life, how does that affect you? You need to get over yourself. This site is for all Tennessee fans. Who are you to chastise me and posting here? I like to talk about sports. Get over it.

VN Store

Back