The best bracket site: you got work to do

Or you could just go shut the **** up and go back to catpause instead of coming to a UT board to tell ut fans to calm the **** down.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

LittleCat is one of the few tolerable cats on here. He's ok in my book.

We've got some work to do, but whether we make it or not, I'm just happy to see the improvement throughout the year. When I heard Maymon was gone for the season, I started bracing for the fandom meltdown and wrote us off completely. But seeing how well the kids are playing without him right now just makes me that much more excited for next year.

Reactions: 1 person
Or you could just go shut the **** up and go back to catpause instead of coming to a UT board to tell ut fans to calm the **** down.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Seriously? Grow up man.

And you could be a little more hospitable to fan of a rival team who is CLEARLY not looking for trouble.

Read the thread. He's right. Bobcats was all over the OP for no good reason, and he'd been doing the same thing to LittleCat over on a different thread.

I've said this before LittleCat, but I truly don't understand how or why you put up with us. People see 'Kentucky Fan' under your avatar and immediately unleash their collective wrath.

You learn to deal with it.

LittleCat is one of the few tolerable cats on here. He's ok in my book.

Appreciated.

We've got some work to do, but whether we make it or not, I'm just happy to see the improvement throughout the year. When I heard Maymon was gone for the season, I started bracing for the fandom meltdown and wrote us off completely. But seeing how well the kids are playing without him right now just makes me that much more excited for next year.

There will always be "negavols" as you all call them. They' just enjoy spewing negativity. I wish more fans were like you.

But I've been impressed by how the Vols seem to be closing strong and really hope they get into the tourney.

Reactions: 1 person
Love this site, remember last year when the #2 Bracketologist at the time had us in when most didn't...before the Ole Miss loss of course. Really great site though, good that they have the statistics for recent years for each site too.

Thanks for posting a good link to an interesting site. I think the Vols have can only lose two more games to have any kind of shot. One in regular season and one after 1 or preferably 2 wins in SEC tourney.

So we won yesterday and we fell a couple of spots...wtf?

It's my issue with bracketmatrix. Not all of the brackets were updated, so even though the site updated, only 10 of the brackets where actually updated say. So a lot of them are still people's opinions from a week or even 2 weeks ago.

The reason we dropped though, we were projected in ONE persons bracket and it was as a 12 seed. Now we ate projected in 4 brackets, but the average seed is +12 so it moves us down. If you look at the column with # of brackets, we are ahead of Arkansas even though we trail them. And we are one behind Bama which would probably be different had all the brackets been updated.

I predict, unlike last year, we can have a total of 12 losses (including an SEC tourney loss) and still get a bid. RPI-wise, I think we're better positioned to get an at-large with 12 losses than we were last season. This would depend on a few bubble teams losing over the next couple weeks, and I would say that is likely. Winning tonight would obviously help our cause a ton and perhaps move us into the 40's in the RPI.

I predict, unlike last year, we can have a total of 12 losses (including an SEC tourney loss) and still get a bid. RPI-wise, I think we're better positioned to get an at-large with 12 losses than we were last season. This would depend on a few bubble teams losing over the next couple weeks, and I would say that is likely. Winning tonight would obviously help our cause a ton and perhaps move us into the 40's in the RPI.

Just remember that the bubble is only going to shrink as we get closer to tournament time. A conference leader stumbles in the conf. tourney and eats up an at-large bid instead of an AQ bid effectively reduces the amount of bubble spots.

Just remember that the bubble is only going to shrink as we get closer to tournament time. A conference leader stumbles in the conf. tourney and eats up an at-large bid instead of an AQ bid effectively reduces the amount of bubble spots.

Good point. So Memphis plays at Xavier tonight. Is it gonna be your 4th loss of the year?

Continuing with your 12 loss scenario...if we go 3-1 down the stretch to finish 19-11...if we go:

1-1 at the SECT to finish 20-12 RPI would be around 59, likely not good enough.

2-1 at the SECT to finish 21-12 RPI would be around 48, likely good enough.

3-1 at the SECT to finish 22-12 RPI would be around 36, will definitely get us in.

In the end, I don't think we were as close as we thought last year. As fans, we wanted to focus on the addition of Stokes and the late season run, but the committee was more interested in the entire body of work.

This season, the SEC is as bad or worse, and we don't have a midseason addition to offset our early season struggles. We do have fewer bad losses and another hot streak going.

I still wouldn't feel good without a 3-1 finish and a 1-1 tournament record, at the minimum.

Continuing with your 12 loss scenario...if we go 3-1 down the stretch to finish 19-11...if we go:

1-1 at the SECT to finish 20-12 RPI would be around 59, likely not good enough.

2-1 at the SECT to finish 21-12 RPI would be around 48, likely good enough.

3-1 at the SECT to finish 22-12 RPI would be around 36, will definitely get us in.

If we finish 3-1, I think we end up with a double bye, and would only play, at most 3 games in the SEC tourney, thus rendering your final scenario moot. It would equate to scenario 2, with a loss in the championship game, which I think probably gets us in.

If we finish 3-1, I think we end up with a double bye, and would only play, at most 3 games in the SEC tourney, thus rendering your final scenario moot. It would equate to scenario 2, with a loss in the championship game, which I think probably gets us in.

I don't think 3-1 will get us a double bye.

Florida has the 1, I don't see Bama or UK dropping 2 games so they'll have the 2&3 seeds. I don't see ole miss dropping more than 1 game which would tie us with them, and probably a couple other teams. Not sure how the tie break would play out (probably too early to get an answer) but I think ole miss will get the 4th.

The only way I see a double bye is if we win out.

Last edited:
I don't think 3-1 will get us a double bye.

Florida has the 1, I don't see Bama or UK dropping 2 games so they'll have the 2&3 seeds. I don't see ole miss dropping more than 1 game which would tie us with them, and probably a couple other teams. Not sure how the tie break would play out (probably too early to get an answer) but I think ole miss will get the 4th.

The only way I see a double bye is if we win out.

Looking at the standings, you're right. Ole Miss is who we would need to pull against the rest of the way to have a shot at 4th. It's a long-shot, but plausible.

It will take some luck for us to get in I see 4 maby 5 sec teams getting in. so if we can get to 20 wins i think we'll grab a 12 seed.

VN Store

Back