The Batman (March 4, 2022)

I think some of you are missing the point about "Bruce Wayne", this isn't the playboy Bruce that we have seen before.

This Bruce is not yet living the double life of billionaire playboy/philanthropist. Unless I'm forgetting he basically tells Alfred when we first see him that he doesn't want anything to do with being "Bruce Wayne".

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Finally got to finish.

*Batman actor did a fine job. Wasnt in love with choices for villains.
*Really enjoyed last thirty minutes, fet like it embodied what Batman is. Less upright than Bale's Batman.
*Good movie. Not sure if it knows where it is in the timeline
*Not even close to Dark Knight or Dark Knight Returns. That Frank Miller influence will always resonate with me.
* Ledgers Joker and Bane are penultimate villains in my mind. Carmine Falconi is the guy from Trilogy, as is Scarecrow.
*Michael Cain is Alfred. Alfred is Michael Cain.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLVOL_79
Finally got to finish.

*Batman actor did a fine job. Wasnt in love with choices for villains.
*Really enjoyed last thirty minutes, fet like it embodied what Batman is. Less upright than Bale's Batman.
*Good movie. Not sure if it knows where it is in the timeline.
*Better than Batman Begins.
*Not even close to Dark Knight or Dark Knight Returns. That Frank Miller influence will always resonate with me.
* Ledgers Joker and Bane are penultimate villains in my mind. Carmine Falconi is the guy from Trilogy, as is Scarecrow.

I felt like the timeline was pretty clear. It’s obvious that it’s early in his Batman years. He’s really young for one, his suit and tech are nothing too crazy aside from those cool contacts. You have multiple points where he speaks of learning that he hasn’t mastered fear of loss, that he needs to be more, etc.
He’s clearly being portrayed as trying to find his way or purpose. Also, I found the scene where he is fleeing the police station to be telling. When he gets to the rooftop and looks down, knowing he has nowhere to go but jump he lets out a gasp and freezes for a second with an “oh sh**” look on his face. He’s not this seasoned Batman yet.

Ugh what a completely unnecessary movie. Added nothing to the canon. Whole bunch of meh.

Lets reboot a series AGAIN but make it inferior to the last reboot by...a lot.

Oh, and let's make it way too long and have Batman only fight a bunch of goober henchmen the entire movie.

And a villain that he has one scene with separated by glass!

and the mob! Oh let's have the mob...well not really do anything but hang out at a nightclub and run a drug ring for the most asinine give up of a drug, drops.

One more thing, let's write ridiculously bad dialogue where the Batman audible blurts out the answers to riddles.

Reactions: Jackcrevol

Oh, and let's make it way too long and have Batman only fight a bunch of goober henchmen the entire movie.

and the mob! Oh let's have the mob...well not really do anything but hang out at a nightclub and run a drug ring for the most asinine give up of a drug, drops.

One more thing, let's write ridiculously bad dialogue where the Batman audible blurts out the answers to riddles.

Damn, the Far Side cartoon was even more accurate than I thought.

I feel like it’s unfairly compared to Nolan’s movies.
I thought it was ok but not something I’d really want to see again.
There are a lot of angles it can go from here.

We’ll see.

I feel like it’s unfairly compared to Nolan’s movies.
I thought it was ok but not something I’d really want to see again.
There are a lot of angles it can go from here.

We’ll see.

Nobody would like it if it were trying to be Nolan's Batman. Nobody would like it if it were trying to be a Marvel movie. It's the most grounded Batman movie we've had. He's only fighting henchmen and not a super army of ninjas...because henchmen are realistic. They really fkn jumped the batmobile through a fire. That was practical, as was a lot of it. I am so tired of CGI BS. Cool that Nolan's Batman (which I love) could ride a motorcycle full speed into a wheelie and then into a wall, bouncing off into a perfect 180 changing directions, but that **** is so fake and CGI'd out and I hate it when physics don't matter.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
Nobody would like it if it were trying to be Nolan's Batman. Nobody would like it if it were trying to be a Marvel movie. It's the most grounded Batman movie we've had. He's only fighting henchmen and not a super army of ninjas...because henchmen are realistic. They really fkn jumped the batmobile through a fire. That was practical, as was a lot of it. I am so tired of CGI BS. Cool that Nolan's Batman (which I love) could ride a motorcycle full speed into a wheelie and then into a wall, bouncing off into a perfect 180 changing directions, but that **** is so fake and CGI'd out and I hate it when physics don't matter.
Yeah but...yawn. boring is boring.

This is funny.

Reactions: bignewt

I thought his ability to solve riddles almost immediately was a pretty nice touch actually

It wasn't all bad, and I enjoyed it mostly, just probably wouldn't use 3 hours again. The most annoying thing to me, and I'll put it in spoiler

when he'sin the riddlers apartment, and reaching into that cage with the bat. The music with that scene, they tried to make it so intense🤣. Like the bat was gonna fly out and eat them? It just was too much there for me.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
For those commenting on where in the timeline is this Batman - he says at the beginning he's been doing this for 2 years. He's already tight with Gordon and has a reputation. For comparison, Batman Begins is the (as the name suggests) Year Zero.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib

you really liked it - others of us didn't

The action in it sans the end where he goes off is pretty bad. in hindsight id say BB is a step above (now that i've slept on it).

The villains were really bad.

I thought it was a really good movie.

I will say… this doesn’t seem to be the popular gripe, and I’m pretty surprised it isn’t, but the reason the movie was too long was because of how much time was spent on Catwoman/Falconi’s story arc. I think the movie should have cut that whole thing, leaving the movie around 2 hours.

That’s not a knock at Zoe Kravitz, I think she did really well, I just don’t know that her story adds much to the overall plot. I mean the movie took about an hour off the Riddler just to flesh out that storyline, that was a poor decision.

Aside from that though, really good movie. Dano’s Riddler was terrific, Pattinson was really entertaining as Batman, he was a whiney little brat as Bruce Wayne (which is perfect for year 2), and the fight scenes were pretty solid.

The narration/noir feel was a really good route to go. I will be excited for a sequel.

The action in it sans the end where he goes off is pretty bad. in hindsight id say BB is a step above (now that i've slept on it).

The villains were really bad.

I actually thought the villains were awesome. Dano did great, Colin Farrell as penguin too. Can’t wait to see more of him in the hbo max spin off. Also liked the falconi “long Halloween” call back.

VN Store

Back