The Atlanta Braves Thread

Does anybody have any seating recommendations for Suntrust? Heading down labor day weekend, preferably something shaded for the Sunday game or else will be up walking around with our son for most the game as he protests the direct sunlight

LOL, that is not anything close to what the Pirates gave up. They fave up nobody on the level of Soroka. I could see the Austin Meadows and Dansby Swanson comparison, two players that have been highly ranked but failed to actually match that performance wise, there is a reason both Ke'bryan Hayes and Mitch Keller passed him up and were considered the two untouchable prospects within the organization. Glasnow just doesn't have it between the ears, now maybe a change of scenery where he is no longer pirates top prospect Tyler Glasnow and a new approach from a new staff could change that but it was never going to come together in Pittsburgh and was being treated as touch (I mean Chad ****ing Kuhl was getting starts over him). Now Baz hurts and has really come on recently and I can see the Wright equivalent there (though Wright has a much lower floor than Baz). Soroka, Swanson and Wright would have been a way better package than Meadows, Glasnow, and Baz.

Yeah I agree but that is pretty damn close to what it would take to match. The Meadows was a top 50 consensus prospect with MLB success (Soroka), Glasgow was an elite prospect that has a ton of talent but hasn’t performed (Swanson), and Baz is a top 5 organization prospect who was the #12 pick in the draft (Wright). Maybe Baz isn’t on the level of Wright so Anderson or Gohara instead maybe.

Does anybody have any seating recommendations for Suntrust? Heading down labor day weekend, preferably something shaded for the Sunday game or else will be up walking around with our son for most the game as he protests the direct sunlight
Sun is on the 3rd base side and directly into the eyes of LF bleachers

David Poille playing chess

Pretty good deal for everybody. Ellis takes less money per year than he probably "should" get, which is fair considering he's had trouble staying healthy, but gets a few extra years on the end to compensate. That contract is probably gonna be pretty crappy way down the line but who cares? Nasvhille's window is open now. Thumbs up

For a 1:00 start, sun will obviously be straight up and then setting over 1st base. I'd get seats on the 1st base line at the top of the 200 level beneath the overhang or anywhere in 300s. I sat in 323 last week and the view was very good.

Pretty good deal for everybody. Ellis takes less money per year than he probably "should" get, which is fair considering he's had trouble staying healthy, but gets a few extra years on the end to compensate. That contract is probably gonna be pretty crappy way down the line but who cares? Nasvhille's window is open now. Thumbs up
This is the way to look at it. I like our defensive corps, but us getting over the hump will require more our forwards than defense. As the game has shifted, see your Caps, and Pens the year before. The game is more skill and finesse. I like it sometimes, pretty entertaining, but I am still old school at heart.

This is the way to look at it. I like our defensive corps, but us getting over the hump will require more our forwards than defense. As the game has shifted, see your Caps, and Pens the year before. The game is more skill and finesse. I like it sometimes, pretty entertaining, but I am still old school at heart.

And to that end, I wonder if this contract isn't one that Poile is already thinking he could leave exposed in the next expansion draft. Assuming Seattle gets the same sweetheart deal as Vegas, and everybody has to expose either a top 6 forward or a top 4 defensemen, then at that point Ellis will be something like 30 years old with 5 more years left on his deal, which an expansion team probably isn't going to want. And then you can protect more forwards. I dunno if that's what Poile is thinking but it would make sense.

Reactions: Scotty's Flat Top
And to that end, I wonder if this contract isn't one that Poile is already thinking he could leave exposed in the next expansion draft. Assuming Seattle gets the same sweetheart deal as Vegas, and everybody has to expose either a top 6 forward or a top 4 defensemen, then at that point Ellis will be something like 30 years old with 5 more years left on his deal, which an expansion team probably isn't going to want. And then you can protect more forwards. I dunno if that's what Poile is thinking but it would make sense.
Chess

We had to tear down my great grandma’s old barn. I made this out of the good lumber that was left. First time ever doing anything like this so it turned out better than I expected View attachment 163178View attachment 163179

That looks fantastic. Hope you clear-coatted the hell out of that thing so you don't ruin it by spilling a strawberry margarita across it.

Last time I tried something as simple as stripping and restaining a table I ended up ragequitting the project three different times before ending with something I still kinda hated. Really impressive work.

VN Store

Back