The Atlanta Braves Thread (Mark Lemke Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My generation loves him, we put most of the players from that era on pedestals. Largely, because we were young and didn’t know the intricacies of the game. Excluding myself of course, as I was born with exception baseball knowledge ingrained in my DNA.

Didn't he hit around .400 against the Twins in the WS? Never hit much before or after that.

Lemke has the most plate appearances without being hit by a pitch. Over 3600 AB's.

Who knew ?

Looking back , he did stand 5 ft from the plate. LoL

The Lemmer was your prototypical middle infielder of the 80's and early 90's. Imminently forgettable, though he did so some hitting in the postseason.

Curling is actually kind of fun. The time limit is cool. The game goes pretty quick. Hearing the players mic'd discussing strategy is fun.

Reactions: 1 person
Curling is actually kind of fun. The time limit is cool. The game goes pretty quick. Hearing the players mic'd discussing strategy is fun.

I love sports in general when you can hear the players talking strategy it makes it more fun imo

Watching the Basketvols and the Basevols today bc VFL

I just hate having seen how well they played early and mid-season and seeing them slip a little now. I hope they get demotivated here at the end of the season.

I mean, watching them let the lead get down to 4 after being up 20 and then getting sloppy again late was super frustrating but we’ve got a very legitimate shot at ending the regular season with 23 wins. On top of that, and I know moral victories don’t mean **** but, we had UNC dead to rights and completely crapped the bed and curb stomped Nova for a half.

I agree that they aren’t exactly peaking at the end of the season like we’d all like but man this year has been pretty awesome overall.

I mean, watching them let the lead get down to 4 after being up 20 and then getting sloppy again late was super frustrating but we’ve got a very legitimate shot at ending the regular season with 23 wins. On top of that, and I know moral victories don’t mean **** but, we had UNC dead to rights and completely crapped the bed and curb stomped Nova for a half.

I agree that they aren’t exactly peaking at the end of the season like we’d all like but man this year has been pretty awesome overall.

It totally has. I’m not trying to *****. I just want to see them do well and their play as of late has been concerning. Just sucks after how well they’ve done the majority of the season.

There’s a rumor that Trey Smith has a degenerative issue (unsure what that entails) and he may be done for his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back