The Atlanta Braves Thread

They should never play Opening Day in a city where the giveaway is a scarf.
Every Opening Day (really the first couple weeks of the season), I am reminded of why I am glad I live in the South because there are always a few games that get postponed due to snow or cold. I know this isn't that, but I bet Minneapolis or Cleveland or Detroit has a game pushed back.

It isn't the cold itself that makes winters suck up there - it's the fact that you get to late March/early April and it still hasn't gone away.

They should never play Opening Day in a city where the giveaway is a scarf.
I think it's dumb there are better options for us to go to.
From what I remember reading in the past, the org actually prefers to open on the road. We typically ask for Memorial Day weekend and 4th of July. I think Philly typically asks for OD.

Every Opening Day (really the first couple weeks of the season), I am reminded of why I am glad I live in the South because there are always a few games that get postponed due to snow or cold. I know this isn't that, but I bet Minneapolis or Cleveland or Detroit has a game pushed back.

It isn't the cold itself that makes winters suck up there - it's the fact that you get to late March/early April and it still hasn't gone away.
I still remember when we went to Chicago a few years ago and it snowed.

I don't know why they don't push back a week and/or just commit to opening in places like ATL, Houston, Texas, Miami, Tampa, Arizona, LA, LAA, SD, Toronto, Seattle and Milwaukee every year.

I don't know why they don't push back a week and/or just commit to opening in places like ATL, Houston, Texas, Miami, Tampa, Arizona, LA, LAA, SD, Toronto, Seattle and Milwaukee every year.
Yep. There is a reason NASCAR doesn't race in Pocono in February, or the PGA Tour doesn't have an event in Chicago in March.

VN Store

Back