The Atlanta Braves (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Escobar's base running has been horrible! On a positive note...Jo Jo has looked great! And this isnt the Pirates he's pitching against either. This is a playoff team.

all right call it a day for Jo-Jo, he's pitched terrific to this point, but the last thing he needs is to get drilled in the last few innings.

1st and 2nd with 1 out and the cleanup man at the plate. This is where the lineup kills the Braves.

About time the Braves caught a break in this series. The Cards have been catching everything.

That's as good as Mike Gonzalez gets. He's suddenly found the life on his fastball again.

Filthy stuff from Gonzalez. When he and Soriano are on, they are as good as an 8th and 9th as there is in baseball. Nice comeback win.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_y...F?slug=ge-fullcount042809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

One major league scout from a top-tier organization is so high on Atlanta Braves outfielder Jason Heyward that he said he would be willing to give the Braves anyone on his team’s 25-man roster to get him. “The best young hitter I’ve seen in years,” the scout said. “He’ll be leading the league in home runs for 10 years once he gets here.” Heyward, 19, was the Braves’ No. 1 draft pick in 2007, the 14th player taken overall. He’s strong, disciplined, and smart – his parents, Eugene and Laura, are both Dartmouth graduates. “Let me put it this way,” another major league executive said of the 6-4, 220-pound left-handed hitter. “He’s a cross between Dave Parker, Darryl Strawberry and Fred McGriff. How’s that put it? He’s got a chance to be a real superstar.”

Strong words right there

Last edited:
Last year I went to an exhibition game between the Rome Braves and the Chinese national team and Heyward hit one out in Centerfield over a scoreboard that is about 30 feet high. I'm guessing he hit it about 470.

He's a good looking prospect . . . but he's been playing Double-A ball for all of 2 weeks. The only guy I can think of that made the leap all the way from Class A is Rafael Furcal.

Last edited:
That was a defensive nightmare for the Cards. Francoeur took 2nd on an error, 3rd on a throw and home on a wild pitch.

. . . and they've already hit and run twice and stolen a base. You can tell they are making a conscious effort to be aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back