The Association Football Thread

What's funny is that Mexico is still fourth place since Honduras beat Costa Rica so badly. I think we'll still be alright. The team is playing well together. It would just be hard for anyone to compete in an atmosphere like the one yesterday.

Exactly. This team has finally found an identity and they will take care of business down the stretch. I see a 2-1 loss at Mexico's place would equal a 3-0 win at any other venue so i'm not too concerned. I'll be concerned if we lose to El Salvador and Trinidad and Tobago in a row.

Just saw today that espn2 will air an epl game and a liga on saturdays. This weeks is man u and wigan
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Man utd just lost to burnley (AHAHAHAH..but cost me £20) and wigan beat Aston Villa last weekend so its one team coming of an upset and another having just upset a team...so look for utd to thrash them

Does anyone know where to find Team USA merchandise? I've found a few sites that sell it, but I'm looking for a good hat. Can't seem to find one anywhere.

U.S wins a game coming from behind 2-1 against El Salvador tonight. This will more than likely mean we are South Africa bound.

It is nice to have gotten this win, but I found it embarrassing that we had to come from behind at home against a terrible team.
It was pretty much a must-win situation.

Big win over Trin and Tob.
Though we should have won this game by a bigger margin (just like the El Salvador match), it's still a win. With two games left, we just have to win one, or tie both to definitely make the cut.

We looked terribly sluggish all game against T&T. The US has got to find someone to play beside Bradley in the mid-field. While Clark scored a beautiful goal, he was out of position constantly. This world cup is going to be interesting with the youth of this team.

watched the second half of today's Arsenal vs. Olympiacos match, the Olympiacos goal keeper was amazing through most of the match, but with a relentless Arsenal, he had to break down eventually. Arsenal's 2nd goal, the scorer was clearly offsides, but it wasn't called.

watched the second half of today's Arsenal vs. Olympiacos match, the Olympiacos goal keeper was amazing through most of the match, but with a relentless Arsenal, he had to break down eventually. Arsenal's 2nd goal, the scorer was clearly offsides, but it wasn't called.

That sucks. A colleague at work is a huge Arsenal fan. I love to give him crap when I can. Oh well... Good luck tomorrow Bayern. That's my club.

Big game tonight for Team USA. We can cement a World Cup spot tonight.
I don't have FSC, but I'll probably go to a friend's house to watch it. The game starts at 10p.

FC Barcelona lost a home game to a Russian side, Rubin Kazan, 2-1. Barca hit the top bar and side posts two or three times.

MLS Playoffs are finally here.
I'm officially going with the playoff beard, like the Crew. They did it last year and won the MLS Cup. I'd love to see them pull it off again.

MLS? eww

Liverpool had a horribly frustrating tie to Lyon the other day. had it in the bag but allowed a goal in the 92 minute. very difficult for them in the champions league now. ugh

Aquilani can't hit full fitness fast enough for Liverpool

Villa won 5-1 yesterday....a very good sporting weekend for yours truely

seriously Liverpool is hurting both with injuries and no Xabi Alonso

Last edited:

VN Store

Back