The Association Football Thread

Congrats on never winning anything significant

Lol

Newt, they will always be good, but unlikely to be elite.

Arsenal (my team) and the spurs are highly rivals, so obviously I'm happy when we beat them or they struggle (granted the gunners aren't so hot right now, and probably will need a great Coach to get us to the top)

As mentioned, Kane is solid. Dele Ali isn't bad either, and they have some other quality players

Decided to finally get into the English Premiere League I watched a cool little doc a while back on the Hotspurs so I am adopting them as my team and learning everything I can about them. How are they viewed by other clubs/fans?

For starters you'll want to drop that "the" when talking about them. Also, they're not Hotspurs. It's either "Tottenham" or just "Spurs". As in, "Harry Kane scored an amazing goal today for Spurs."

Don't worry about what everyone else posted. You've picked a solid team that should be exciting to watch for the foreseeable future, but at the same time didn't go full on bandwagon.

So many rumors on Wenger. Stay or go? 1 year or 2 year extension on the table? Did the players quit on him against Hull? I'll be glad when this is over.

I guess the board hopes he will make the call. If he stays under a 1-2 year contract, nothing short of a double will satisfy his detractors. Supposedly, he has a 2-year offer on the table from PSG although I assume they would expect instant results in Champions, which hasn't exactly been Wenger's forte. It seems like he has a strong chance of being sacked in 2018 whether it's at Arsenal or PSG.

OTOH, the board is in a tight spot because Wenger's departure will refocus supporter attention on the old complaints that they're not spending enough to reliably compete for the Premiership trophy.

OTOH, the board is in a tight spot because Wenger's departure will refocus supporter attention on the old complaints that they're not spending enough to reliably compete for the Premiership trophy.

The funny thing about Arsenal is that they don't spend as much as other teams and get criticized for it, but the question never appears to be a lack of talent. I don't think I've ever looked at their roster and thought "No, that isn't good enough to win." That has always seemed like a deflection of the fact that the players they do have underachieve. As a fan, I suppose "if we just spent more money, we could win" is a more comforting thought than "we don't take advantage of the talent that we do have."

Even if the board wants to keep Wenger on to deflect criticism of them, which is certainly might be the case, that is dumb because 1) they are ultimately responsible for who the coach is, and if they hang on to an underachieving coach that's on them and 2) I don't think it is all that much of a liability they don't spend as much as other teams anyway.

Ticket prices are running $75 for corner club level seats...pretty pricey.

My son plays club soccer and got a presale code.

TNYOUTH if anyone is interested in scooping up some early tickets.

Ticket prices are running $75 for corner club level seats...pretty pricey.

My son plays club soccer and got a presale code.

TNYOUTH if anyone is interested in scooping up some early tickets.

Club level at the Emirates was about 300 for a pair for us, and that was face. I've not looked into similar seats at any other grounds.

So that's about half, or a good deal.

Club level at the Emirates was about 300 for a pair for us, and that was face. I've not looked into similar seats at any other grounds.

So that's about half, or a good deal.

Dang...I figured we'd be looking at 40 or 50 a seat...wow. We may scoop up a few then. Thanks for the heads up.

Dang...I figured we'd be looking at 40 or 50 a seat...wow. We may scoop up a few then. Thanks for the heads up.

Max on USMNT game was 75 for club in the middle sections, before fees. We got corner clubs for 50ish, or about 65 with fees.

Ah Liverpool. Dismantle Everton, draw Bournemouth. Good times....

In all seriousness, enough with this backline and Mignolet at keeper. They all need to be gone...

Tough one for the Gunners. I don't know how Wenger survives this although most media sources are stlll suggesting that it will be his decision to stay or go.

VN Store

Back