The All Things Cycling Thread

thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely check out the Felt Bikes. PCSing in about a month so it will be once I get settled in my new place.

lol. I don't think you would like it. I'm mostly going to be organizing and running VTCs for high ranking NATO peeps. I mostly want it to return to Norfolk (where I went to school at Old Dominion).

I have the best job in the Army.

I wouldn't mind the post though.

The whole reason I chose the assignment. And it will give me time to ponder my next move. Change of MOS? See what else is realistically available for my current MOS, get out of the Army? But mostly, to just enjoy my surroundings and get back to something that doesn't require my constant attention. I'm not saying I don't enjoy being a Soldier, but being Ops NCOIC for over 120 Soldiers for almost two years has completely drained me. It will be nice to go back to traditional hours (for the most part) for a change.

35 in high winds and a hot sun. Brutal out there today. Avg speed was that of a snail. I burned through 7 water bottles.

35 in high winds and a hot sun. Brutal out there today. Avg speed was that of a snail. I burned through 7 water bottles.

wut

75 miles today in Knox, Loudon, and Roane counties.

I burned through 3.5 water bottles.

A nice June Sunday afternoon. I only saw one other road cyclist.

wut

I might have been pretty hungover and dehydrated when I started the ride. But, yeah, sun was incredibly hot.

Local club's mountain bike races cost $5 more than any other race. I'm considering boycotting. It also starts an hour earlier than any other. So stupid. And it's shorter.

It's been in the low 50s and raining. It's supposed to rain again this weekend. Looking like I'll never get to ride.

It's been in the low 50s and raining. It's supposed to rain again this weekend. Looking like I'll never get to ride.

That must blow.

I got to say, rolling across the East Tennessee countryside yesterday, temperature in the low 80s with a light breeze, was pretty kick butt.

I suffer all winter long so I can enjoy this time of year.

Well I've only got a few months(about 4) to ride here. So anytime the weather gets crappy it just takes that much more away

wut

I was out that way as well Sunday. Got 40 in, 16.5 avg. with tons of climbs that all pretty much sucked. I doubt i had another 5 miles in me, my legs were toast.

I was out that way as well Sunday. Got 40 in, 16.5 avg. with tons of climbs that all pretty much sucked. I doubt i had another 5 miles in me, my legs were toast.

Sunday wasn't too bad. I didn't threaten any speed records, but my legs were OK.

Much better than the ride I did Memorial Day, where I barely had anything left after 50 miles. That was disconcerting.

VN Store

Back