The absurd bowl system....

How about we all throw in $20 each and sponsor the "VolNation" bowl?

We could have the last place SEC east team vs last place SEC west team.

We could have "Freaks" halftime report (thread) and Boca Vol doing the sideline reporting.

We could sell it as the "Not SEC Championship" game.

I'll be happy to help out but for a game between 2 last place teams I could call in the sideline reporting from the golf course and no one would care enough to know the difference. But anything to help out VN. :)

Teams with losing records doesn't deserve to go to a bowl game. If that's the case then they might as well hand out participation trophies.

Most bowl games are participation trophies. Teams do things like have eating contests, dance offs, karaoke contests, trivia nights, etc. the week leading up to the bowl game.

I don't see how 2 5-7 bowl teams traveling across the country is making any money. What a embarrassment the bowl system is when you can have a losing record and get rewarded with extra practices and money. How in Haiti are the crap bowls making money versus what is cost to travel the sites of these games with hardly anyone in the stands. HOW? They are watering down a great thing and a great reward into CRAP just because some big shots are making money off of it, the fans don't like it in general. GO VOLS!!!

I don't see how 2 5-7 bowl teams traveling across the country is making any money. What a embarrassment the bowl system is when you can have a losing record and get rewarded with extra practices and money. How in Haiti are the crap bowls making money versus what is cost to travel the sites of these games with hardly anyone in the stands. HOW? They are watering down a great thing and a great reward into CRAP just because some big shots are making money off of it, the fans don't like it in general. GO VOLS!!!

Do you feel 6-6 teams should be rewarded with a bowl game?

The addition of the 12th game is what allows many of the 6-6 teams to be bowl eligible. The 12th game isn't the marquee OOC opponent but rather the UTC, APSU, WCU type teams.

Reactions: 1 person
As long as they can sell tickets and people are willing to watch on TV, they will keep creating new bowls and watering down the criteria to make it to a bowl game.

Teams with 5-7 or worse records do not deserve to go to a bowl game.

Teams with 6-6 records do not deserve to go to a bowl game.

Teams with 7-5 records where one of the 7 is over an FCS school do not deserve to go to a bowl game.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with another game being added to each team's schedule even it is a small bowl game.

The playoff has already diluted the rest of the bowls. Lets go ahead and go to 16 team playoffs.

I like the 16 team play-off with every conference champ getting an automatic bid and using ranking to seed the teams and to give the at large bids.

If you're going to let in 80 teams out of 127, it's only a matter of time before a 5-7 team plays in a Bowl. That's the way it goes. I don't know why this is throwing the suits into such a tizzy. If you are dead set against sub .500 teams making it then why let in 62% of them?

Teams with losing records doesn't deserve to go to a bowl game. If that's the case then they might as well hand out participation trophies.

Everyone has a chance in the Conf BB tournaments so why not ? Take a look at the dismal NFL records of some division leaders

i'm impartial to it. All I want is either a 6 or 8 team playoff.

Hopefully they will change it to 8 sometime. With the current 4, you have 1 power 5 conf champ that gets left out and they are still arguing about who deserves to be in just like the BCS. I think they should take the 5 power 5 conf champs and the 3 top schools besides those. That would be great.

Reactions: 1 person
8 team playoff system.

Winning record to be bowl eligible..... IMO........

That's just it, the schools playing in the lower tier bowls aren't making money they're losing it. They buy an allotment of seats and most don't get sold because fans don't want to travel because it's expensive, it's around the holidays, and they may actually be going to see their crappy team lose another game. I agree that they are watering down a good thing and there are way too many bowl games.

I'm pretty sure those in charge of the bowl system were the ones who created ties and no score games for little kids now.

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

if you cant win your conference you have no business playing for a NC

Agreed. Sure seems simple to just expand the playoff to 8 and let the Power 5 champs in with the other 3 spots going to the highest ranked non AQ conference champions.

What we've got now is just BCS +1.

I wish. BCS +1 is what they should have gone with instead of the committee. Never was going to happen bc this whole thing is to make sure 2 teams from the same conference don't make it into the championship again.

I'll be happy to help out but for a game between 2 last place teams I could call in the sideline reporting from the golf course and no one would care enough to know the difference. But anything to help out VN. :)

Commentary like that is why you have been selected.:good!:

VN Store

Back