The 3 Players of the Off-season

VOLociraptorr

Outside of Nico, these are the three return players I've heard the most buzz around from VQ, GoVols247, and radio shows.

1. Donte Thornton-even the national guys have mentioned the talent upgrade at WR. The local guys have mentioned that Thornton carries himself differently this year with his work ethic and demeanor.

2. Telander-According to the local guys, he is making plays everywhere, which is exactly how he was in highschool.

3. Jayson Jenkins-Admittidley, I had to look this DL up. He was rated the 1215 player in the country and I remember nothing about his recruitment. Apparently, he's turning heads on the DL and may even take some of Dominic Bailey's snaps.

Honorable mention for a true freshman-Braylon Stanley. Stayley seems to be making the most of every opportunity, making plays all over the field.

I have listed some highly rated recruits and mid to low. It seems like we finally have a staff that can both find talent, develop talent, and use it properly.

Last edited:
Outside of Nico, these are the three return players I've heard the most buzz around from VQ, GoVols247, and radio shows.

1. Donte Thornton-even the national guys have mentioned the talent upgrade at WR. The local guys have mentioned that Thornton carries himself differently this year with his work ethic and demeanor.

2. Telander-According to the local guys, he is making plays everywhere, which is exactly how he was in highschool.

3. Jaylen Smith-Admittidley, I had to look this DL up. He was rated the 1215 player in the country and I remember nothing about his recruitment. Apparently, he's turning heads on the DL and may even take some of Dominic Bailey's snaps.

Honorable mention for a true freshman-Braylon Stanley. Stayley seems to be making the most of every opportunity, making plays all over the field.

I have listed some highly rated recruits and mid to low. It seems like we finally have a staff that can both find talent, develop talent, and use it properly.

I think you mean Jayson Jenkins. Vols also have Jalen Smith who has received buzz this Spring. Smith is an LB, and a higher rated recruit out of HS.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

3. Jayson Jenkins-Admittidley, I had to look this DL up. He was rated the 1215 player in the country and I remember nothing about his recruitment. Apparently, he's turning heads on the DL and may even take some of Dominic Bailey's snaps.

Jenkins coming on is huge for 2025. We should be okay at SDE in 2025 with Weathersby and West (and I think they’re high on Nathan Robinson too), but Jenkins has a 6-6 frame and will be able to play inside as well. He, Hobbs, and Moi will likely be the top 3 DTs in 2025. Then I’m hoping Jamal Wallace will develop and add weight during a redshirt year and be a solid 4th DT. West will also be able to slide inside some.

Thornton has all the athleticism in the world he just needs to catch the ball. Let’s hope he figures it out this season!
If he locks in he can have a jump similar to Hyatt in year 2… very similar trajectory as Hyatt burner but had troubles with drops in year 1 really locked in and dominated year 2… he was coming on late last year before the injury as well… I think the additions to the wr room have increased his sense of urgency as well…

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back