The “Good Ole Tennessee Bar” is now open in Tokyo.

There were/are GI hangouts touting Tennessee in Itawon (Seoul) Korea and Landstuhl Germany that I know of off the top of my head.

Not the finest of establishments, I assure you!

This sounds much nicer!
If I remember correctly the building had Tennessee written on it in large letters. I have a picture somewhere.

I was in a bar/club in either Tokyo or Kobe 20 years ago, with my wife and Japanese boss, and at one point the club's older female Japanese singer starting crooning the Tennessee Waltz. It was amusing and had nothing to do with us--it was just part of her repertoire.

When I first started my job in Tokyo, my Japanese colleagues took me out to dinner---one part of which was locust--and literally the first thing one of them asked me was did I own a gun. It was rather embarrassing--but I certainly understood why he asked.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
I love Tennessee, and I taught myself Japanese in sixth grade. I need to visit this place.
That's cool. You should definitely go (if you've never been). Even learning a few phrases is helpful, especially if you plan to travel outside of Tokyo/Yokohama. I would think a better understanding of the language would make it a lot more fun.

I still don't know what some of the stuff was that I ate while I was there.

Call us anytime, or just stop in. Loads of free samples, and a little something extra for a Vol if I'm there. ;)
Nice. I drive right by there when visiting the in-laws. In other words, not very often, but often enough. 😆

Reactions: bigroxtar
I was in a bar/club in either Tokyo or Kobe 20 years ago, with my wife and Japanese boss, and at one point the club's older female Japanese singer starting crooning the Tennessee Waltz. It was amusing and had nothing to do with us--it was just part of her repertoire.
I recall reading somewhere that the Tennessee Waltz was one of the most popular songs in Japan for some time.

VN Store

Back