That's racist!

She's right. It's hard to argue otherwise if you follow the WNBA even a little bit
that’s the problem….. no one follows the wnba…..Its not true at all….. There have been several white stars in the WNBA…. they haven’t come close to this type of popularity

When last I read an article about the WNBA, admittedly its been a few years, no team in the WNBA had turned a profit for the season yet...the league as a whole therefore lost money every season as well...and the ratings and attendance were so poor that the limited TV broadcasts were charity as well. The whole league was basically a charity of the NBA....a financial sinkhole that the NBA franchise owners had to shoulder as a "woke gesture" to the minority known as women...in order to have the privilege of owning NBA teams and actually making money from the TV contract the league has in place etc. If I actually cared, I would google it to see if and how much the WNBA is still hemorrhaging $$$...but like pretty much every other American, I don't actually care. I do really like Caitlin though. It was a joy to watch her playoff runs the last 2 seasons, as well as highlights on youtube from the regular season when she went "Plaid" on some teams and scored 40 or so with a triple double each time. Regularly shooting from a couple steps past half court like Steph Curry does...because she CAN. Without a doubt the best female basketball player I have ever seen. Not just as a shooter. She routinely has 10+ rebounds AND 10+ assists while shooting like shes in a videogame. Amazing.
Why write a long ass paragraph (I know why, you do it for everything) about how the WNBA isn’t growing when you don’t know? Attendance was up 16% last year, Finals viewership was up 36%, the draft just had 2.4 million viewers, etc.

Why write a long ass paragraph (I know why, you do it for everything) about how the WNBA isn’t growing when you don’t know? Attendance was up 16% last year, Finals viewership was up 36%, the draft just had 2.4 million viewers, etc.
Are they making a profit or are they still being subsidized by the NBA?

Indiana Fever G Caitlin Clark’s “paltry first-year salary” of $76,535 has “highlighted a hard truth that largely goes unspoken about the WNBA and many women’s sports leagues: They aren’t profitable,” according to Hirsch, Ganguli & Kessler of the N.Y. TIMES. The simplest reason the WNBA is not paying Clark more is that the league brings in just $200M annually and "relies on the NBA for some of its funding"

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
$200M as a 200% increase is bad now? The Clark salary conversation is so dishonest, people act like she should be the highest-paid player in the league while she’s on a rookie contract

Are they making a profit or are they still being subsidized by the NBA?
Said it for me. Thanks. Charity case for the NBA.

Said it for me. Thanks. Charity case for the NBA.
That didn’t answer the question you quoted but the answer is obvious, you were just ranting to hear yourself rant as always. The NBA grants the WNBA $15M and the WNBA brought in $200M in revenue which will likely rise much more now

That didn’t answer the question you quoted but the answer is obvious, you were just ranting to hear yourself rant as always. The NBA grants the WNBA $15M and the WNBA brought in $200M in revenue which will likely rise much more now

So $200 Million in revenue Gross or Net? The WNBA had a NET PROFIT of $200 million last year? Is that what you are saying? That they actually turned a profit despite empty arenas and nobody watching on TV?

Edit:

Nevermind. You are FOS as usual. 1st paragraph in this article says they still ARE NOT PROFITABLE.

^^^ The recent artcle right up there posted in response TO YOU by another poster. Haha

To this point the wNBA has never turned a profit, per the article I posted earlier. As to Caitlyn Clark, she's doing just fine, thanks to a shoe contract
So nothing has changed since the article i read a few years ago. Thanks man. Just the usual Nash being FOS and wanting to Argue about nonsense. Ive got better things to do...

So $200 Million in revenue Gross or Net? The WNBA had a NET PROFIT of $200 million last year? Is that what you are saying? That they actually turned a profit despite empty arenas and nobody watching on TV?

Edit:

Nevermind. You are FOS as usual. 1st paragraph in this article says they still ARE NOT PROFITABLE.

^^^ The recent artcle right up there posted in response TO YOU by another poster. Haha
Idk if it’s a comprehension issue or you just talk to talk, but you were saying it’s some woke sinkhole because the NBA sends it $15M and implying it’s no different from 5 years ago and I was saying that it’s growing extremely quickly and has at least tripled in revenue since then, which is all true. It doesn’t have anything to do with being “woke,” that was just another stupid ass rant

So nothing has changed since the article i read a few years ago. Thanks man. Just the usual Nash being FOS and wanting to Argue about nonsense. Ive got better things to do...
Nothing has changed is very explicitly wrong lmao, you are very stupid. Same guy trying to say he’s smarter than Princeton students

Nothing has changed is very explicitly wrong lmao, you are very stupid. Same guy trying to say he’s smarter than Princeton students
FOS again junior. As usual.

I said they were snot nosed spoiled brats with no life experience. Your reading comprehension sucks...youre FOS and everyone here calls you out for it...and you always want to argue like a woman. Beginning to think you are a woman like EL. Get a clue.

Nothing has changed. They still LOSE MONEY. LOSE. MONEY.

To what degree they lose money means nothing. Nobody attends, nobody watches...the WNBA is a failure. Period. You can keep trying to argue from a FOS semantic perspective all you want. Another horrible choice for a hill to die on. Done arguing with you. Argue with someone else about this pointless stupid crap. I am sorry you cant cope with the fact that the best basketball player in womens college history is white. Get over it.

I said they were snot nosed spoiled brats with no life experience. Your reading comprehension sucks...youre FOS and everyone here calls you out for it...and you always want to argue like a woman. Beginning to think you are a woman like EL. Get a clue.
“Arguing like a woman” would be writing 1000-word emotional essays about how the left is destroying this country and you want to beat up trans people, but keep going this is going very well for you

Nothing has changed. They still LOSE MONEY. LOSE. MONEY.

To what degree they lose money means nothing. Nobody attends, nobody watches...the WNBA is a failure. Period. You can keep trying to argue from a FOS semantic perspective all you want. Another horrible choice for a hill to die on. Done arguing with you. Argue with someone else about this pointless stupid crap. I am sorry you cant cope with the fact that the best basketball player in womens college history is white. Get over it.
I love Caitlin Clark lol, see how much stupidity is baked into these rants? Your initial “I haven’t paid attention in years but here’s 500 words anyway” would be like saying you didn’t follow the NBA from 1980-1990 but unless it passed the NFL in popularity, “nothing changed”

I am sorry you cant cope with the fact that the best basketball player in womens college history is white. Get over it.
It’s so funny to me that you really said “this great player is white, take THAT” like you’re in 1950s Alabama lol. Are you upset when the best player in the world is Black (which she is)? Did Jesse Owens make you mad? Lol

I'll wait for a disparaging word that represents the oppressed existence of white people lol
mick, or any Irish term. are probably the only ones that are still in somewhat common usage. all of it derives from the various treatments/roles/wrongs the British pushed on the Irish to enslave, breakdown their culture, and deride the individual based purely on an ethnic grounds.

there are a probably good couple dozen terms which are no longer recognized as offensive today, largely because the history has been forgotten. and the specifics of the bigotry has been lost. our lexicon has changed to whitewash our own history to the point where "our" suffering has largely been forgotten or minimized.

a good one is "slave". its derived from The Romans enslaving a large number of Slavic people, to the point their ethnicity became the very term to define the treatment enforced involuntary never ending servitude of others. I don't see how that can't be considered offensive to anyone with a slavic ancestry, if the act it represents is considered offensive.

"honky" was actually a term used by white americans to describe Hungarians fleeing certain persecutions. people who typically had to come over and perform very inhumane tasks, building various railroads, or other large civil projects.

Idk if it’s a comprehension issue or you just talk to talk, but you were saying it’s some woke sinkhole because the NBA sends it $15M and implying it’s no different from 5 years ago and I was saying that it’s growing extremely quickly and has at least tripled in revenue since then, which is all true. It doesn’t have anything to do with being “woke,” that was just another stupid ass rant
No, it's a woke sinkhole because it exists in the Red year after year. Operating at a continual loss is a sinkhole.

Careful now, he will invite you to a slap fight for calling him the wrong gender.

mick, or any Irish term. are probably the only ones that are still in somewhat common usage. all of it derives from the various treatments/roles/wrongs the British pushed on the Irish to enslave, breakdown their culture, and deride the individual based purely on an ethnic grounds.

there are a probably good couple dozen terms which are no longer recognized as offensive today, largely because the history has been forgotten. and the specifics of the bigotry has been lost. our lexicon has changed to whitewash our own history to the point where "our" suffering has largely been forgotten or minimized.

a good one is "slave". its derived from The Romans enslaving a large number of Slavic people, to the point their ethnicity became the very term to define the treatment enforced involuntary never ending servitude of others. I don't see how that can't be considered offensive to anyone with a slavic ancestry, if the act it represents is considered offensive.

"honky" was actually a term used by white americans to describe Hungarians fleeing certain persecutions. people who typically had to come over and perform very inhumane tasks, building various railroads, or other large civil projects.
PWT comes to mind.

VN Store

Back