That ones on Hooker

I said "type of situation " bit of course you don't see that. I'm just saying if this dude the "next savior " we are hurting
"Next savior?" First with "must win" then "next savior."

How about you pump the brakes on what you're expecting. We're a long way from a savior of any kind being able to make this program do a quick 180.

Hooker is playing with a team largely put together with baling wire and twine from what Heupel could salvage that was left by Pruitt and grab from the portal in the few months he had.

This team has overachieved, Hooker has overachieved, and Heupel has defied the "year zero" many coaches would be having without a full roster of scholarship players.

Get outta here with the "savior" talk. Hooker isn't perfect but he's managed, with his teammates and coaches, to put us in a much much better place than we could've expected back in the Spring.

I know there is a bunch of Hooker lovers out there, this was his worst game. Especially in a must win type situation. He was off in his throws and took sacks when he could throw it away. I know we were playing the #1 team, if you are a special kind of QB you can't be that off. ANYWAYS. #GBO
You are insane. Georgia has dominated all year. Peyton Manning couldn't have beaten Georgia yesterday with this team.

Reactions: peaygolf
I know there is a bunch of Hooker lovers out there, this was his worst game. Especially in a must win type situation. He was off in his throws and took sacks when he could throw it away. I know we were playing the #1 team, if you are a special kind of QB you can't be that off. ANYWAYS. #GBO
Defense sucks..................It's on them!

Hooker overthrows were on him and I don’t think he handled it well. Didn’t see it wiping the bad play off and going to the next play as CJH talks about. One over throw that cost him a interception that was costly. Throw the ball away live for another day instead of taking sacks. ALSO CJH needs stop going for it on fourth down while in field goal range.! Our first position in the second half in field goal range and not taking the three was very costly. That’s my biggest knock on CJH.

I see , as usual, nobody read or intelligent enough to to understand whole post.

1st. I did not expect Tennessee to win. , but cheered for them the whole way

2nd. I'm just stating the truth that Hooker played poorly , especially when the team was playing on all cylinders. His over throws and interceptions stopped all momentum, causing the #1 team to take advantage.

All I'm saying is that if he is a true # Hooker gotta alotta growing to do

Give props when you win. Take responsibility when you lose.

Yup, the whole forum is stupid, you're the only smart one. Sure thing, Mrs. Hooker.

I said "type of situation " bit of course you don't see that. I'm just saying if this dude the "next savior " we are hurting
Lol. Of course he’s not the savior he transferred from a school because he couldn’t get playing time there. This board is scary you beat the school of the blind from Cookeville put up some points suddenly we are contenders. This is about two years premature. If we can’t do better in recruiting in the next couple of years someone with talent will hire this coach. I wouldn’t be shocked to see Florida or other schools take a look very soon.

who in their right mind though this was a must win situation. You "fans" have no concept of reality. This was the #1 defense in the country by your own admission. They have held EVERY other team to less than a touchdown a game. We nearly scored as many points in the first quarter that UGA had given up in the entire year. We broke the consecutive streak for holding teams to under two touchdowns. Not a moral victory, but further evidence that this team has a bright future. If you actually thought we were going to win this game, you were actually blinded by the orange colored glasses or completely out of touch with reality. I was hoping we would play well enough to keep it a little closer, but I am not ready to jump off a cliff or call out players.

Reactions: volinSmyrna
Hooker had a bad game. His throwing was off and his reads were off. Seemed to get stuck on one read. Still think offense needs some adjusting for SEC games against top opponents.

Hooker missed some wide open downfield throws yesterday.
Happens to the best of 'em. Kid was juiced to play in that environment in front of that crowd. Huge stage. Can't fault him. He's done far more this season than even the most optimistic fan would have expected. There's a chance he gets us to 7 wins and for this team with this roster, that's a HUGE win IMO.

Happens to the best of 'em. Kid was juiced to play in that environment in front of that crowd. Huge stage. Can't fault him. He's done far more this season than even the most optimistic fan would have expected. There's a chance he gets us to 7 wins and for this team with this roster, that's a HUGE win IMO.
Yes it's huge. Most pundits were saying 4-8, 5-7 and 6-6 at best. We're going to go 7-5 and go to a nice bowl. No doubt we've exceeded expectations, and that's a hat off and bow to Heupel

Yes it's huge. Most pundits were saying 4-8, 5-7 and 6-6 at best. We're going to go 7-5 and go to a nice bowl. No doubt we've exceeded expectations, and that's a hat off and bow to Heupel
I'll confess that I saw 5 wins as likely and 6 a bit of a stretch. We now have a real shot at 7 wins and could have taken Pitt and Ole Miss. I could not have asked for a better first season for Heupel.

I didn’t see that team. Was just 6 years old, so I’ll take your word for it. 9.2 ppg is great. Not even sure what this UGA team’s average ppg is but to be this good in this era of football is amazing

After we scored 17 on UGA last night 13 was the most they had given up. They have given up 76 points in 10 games. So 76/10= 7.6 points a game so better than the 92 Bama teams 9.2 ppg and it's even more incredible because the rules changes since 1992 have favored offenses (targeting/protecting QB's/faster spreads etc..). Making it harder on the D . I saw the 92 Bama team we lost 17 to 10 they were #4 that year, we went 9-3. This UGA D is better IMO.

:D:pSome folks shouldn't start a thread. Take a whoopee cushion out of petty cash.

Somebody needs to invent what QinetiQ is for cars that may go into cars in 10 years. It detects alcohol and won't start. They could make one for laptops that detected alcohol and locks up the device.
TUI (Texting Under Influence) would go way down.:D

Reactions: feathersax
Not gonna blame that loss on HH, but he did have some bad throws that were part of it.

If anything, I would say that it just shows that HH probably should not try to go into the NFL yet. He needs more work.

Wait... wait.. wait..
You mean the QB who had the best statistical performance of any QB against that defense all year is the reason we lost? The QB who led our ragtag transfer laiden and injured offense to more total yards against that defense of anyone all year?

You're crazy and just trying to find something to complain about.

How about actually looking looking and our 3rd down defense?

Last edited:
Reactions: VolDave53 and Zues1

VN Store

Back