Thanks to my fellow Veterans!

tenor.gif

My dad was a highly decorated war hero from WW2 as were many of yours (grandfathers and great-grandfathers too). After he died some 29 years ago I began the search as many have done to try and glean just a little of his experience that he typically NEVER mentioned. I was stunned and a little ashamed of the times in my youth that I treated this heroic, brave, freedom fighting father of mine with disrespect after reading the accounts on his records of why he was awarded the medals in the first place. Since that time I treasure the medals I had replaced (originals were lost in a house fire) and gained an incredible amount of awe for those who served before and now. May we NEVER lose sight of who the real hero's are.....Its NOT, by any stretch of the imagination, these athletes we so enjoying watching, or some of the pathetic politicians and wannabe politicians (although I do have a great deal of respect for the honorable ones who serve our country and NEVER forget they work for us) and CERTAINLY NOT THE incredibly out of touch "entertainers" (small caps intentional) among us. Happy Veterans Day tomorrow!!!

And then there’s me:
Vietnam era ASA (army branch of the NSA), aka Army Intelligence vet.
Son of a (not what you think), but
Son of a WWII D-day veteran who was wounded in battle in France.
Father of a Naval Intelligence officer.
Brother of an Air Force vet.

I salute all fellow veterans and thank you not only for your service, but for your sacrifice as well.

Reactions: tennrich1
Served 1969-1990 in the USAF. Thanks to all who have served and those who are currently serving.

U.S. Air Force 1961-1965. Served proudly. America the Beautiful.

Tennessee Vol For Life - Proud of the Orange. Go Vols!

8 years and counting US Army reserves with two mobilizations in CONUS and an upcoming deployment.

Actually I just got back from the Lady Vol/Presbyterian game where my nephew was was sworn in at halftime with some of the other UT ROTC cadets. Another generation of good ol’ UT Soldiers to pave the way for our future.

Raised in Kingsport, TN, went to Tenn Tech Univ, been a Vol fan since I was 8 years old! I am Proudly serving in the U.S Army (19.5 years and counting). Thanks to all my brothers and sisters in ALL the services, past and present. And a special thanks to all that have never served but support freedom and the American way of life!!!!!

GO VOLS, GBO, WGWTFA!

Raised in Kingsport, TN, went to Tenn Tech Univ, been a Vol fan since I was 8 years old! I am Proudly serving in the U.S Army (19.5 years and counting). Thanks to all my brothers and sisters in ALL the services, past and present. And a special thanks to all that have never served but support freedom and the American way of life!!!!!

GO VOLS, GBO, WGWTFA!
tech what yr

VN Store

Back