Thank you Dalton Knecht

Now that it's over, I'm ready to say it. He's the best player I've ever witnessed play at Tennessee. The most complete player. The most dominant player.

Yeah, he's not a great defender, and I never saw B. King play, but in my 44 years, Dalton Knecht is the best. You don't just replace a guy like that. Chris Lofton was awesome. Allan Houston was awesome. Ron Slay was awesome. Grant Williams was awesome. Dalton Knecht is on another level. I'm really gonna miss cheering for him in orange and white.

Good luck DK! You did us proud. Thanks!

Wish we would’ve had DK for three seasons. Wishing the best to this young man going forward. He was good for us.

Reactions: minorvol
Thank you young man for giving your all and entertaining us all this season. You are a pleasure to watch and will always be a Vol for life .

Reactions: Memvol44
Few players in TN history have I enjoyed watching more than Dalton Knecht. Sure wish he would’ve been here more than one year.

Reactions: cgrish
Looking forward to seeing who takes him in the draft. Would love to see the Grizzlies take him and pair him as a reserve with Desmond Bane and GG Jackson on the wing. That would be a potent threesome along with Ja Morant at point and Jaren Jackson at PF.

Best Vol player in many years ,he was the reason for winning SEC Championship and deep run in only the Vols second Elite Eight,best wishes for him in the NBA!!

No offense, but I'll have to disagree on that. And I love Allen Houston.
Allan, but I digress. I agree with you. Houston was my first "favorite" Vol as a kid. Loved him and his NBA career, too. But Dalton Knecht is a much more well-roubded offensive player and infinitely more athletic.

Reactions: berryvol
Allan, but I digress. I agree with you. Houston was my first "favorite" Vol as a kid. Loved him and his NBA career, too. But Dalton Knecht is a much more well-roubded offensive player and infinitely more athletic.

I loved Houston too. Glad to see him at the games. Great player

I'll never forget him I'm the Slam Dunk contest. He wasn't really known for dunking. Not sure why he was selected. I do remember him bouncing the ball off his head and then dunking. 😆

Reactions: cncchris33
I loved watching Knecht when he went on a heater. And he always sounded humble in the interviews. Let's be honest, even if he had 3 years remaining, he would be off to the NBA after the year he had. I do hope he showed the way for some future recruits, that if you come and take the hard coaching it can make a difference.

Watching Burns play in the tournament, there is no doubt he has some major skills. But I kept thinking, man this guy could have been something else if he just bought into what Barnes was trying to instill in him.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Like a shooting star he came through here and is gone just as fast. Hopefully everyone appreciates the fact that we got to see one of the 3-4 best players to ever wear the orange and white. He has earned every penny and every bit of stardom he hopefully achieves in the NBA.

Thank you, young man.

Outside of his basketball prowess, he’s a humble guy who always deflects credit to the team. He shows gratitude to the coaching staff and those around him. Proud to call him a Volunteer. Thanks for the memories, DK.

VN Store

Back