Text messages show just how delusional

That’s like grading high on having your pencil sharpened before class, playing with others at recess but flunking the big test. Job 1 as AD at Tennessee this past year was being prepared to hire a good football coach. Currie missed every question on the exam.

Uh-huh....feel free to go back and research for yourself. Had Butch managed a winning record Currie is still the AD and your grading scale, as sophisticated as it is, doesn't come into play.

Reactions: 1 person
Uh-huh....feel free to go back and research for yourself. Had Butch managed a winning record Currie is still the AD and your grading scale, as sophisticated as it is, doesn't come into play.

Once Currie was told to fire Butch and hire Shiano it was just a matter of time before he would be fired. He could have went against his orders and made a compitent hire and kept his job.

Once Currie was told to fire Butch and hire Shiano it was just a matter of time before he would be fired. He could have went against his orders and made a compitent hire and kept his job.

And hired who? Who was he going to hire? Legitimately!

You completely miss the boat. Currie had no plan for what happens if the season turns to ****. He should have from the day he was hired. He knew the climate for Butch was bad even if it was a 6-6 or 7-5 season. HOH gave him one shot which he took on Mullen who screwed him. Then he took orders on Schiano. Once that fell apart HOH left him scrabble on his own. If he were still AD, I doubt we’d got Pruitt.

And hired who? Who was he going to hire? Legitimately!

My inside source says Jeremy Pruitt would take the job.

Who knows?

Much of Volnation would only be happy with Gruden as HC. Even if that was impossible. For the right money my inside source says Gruden would get back into coaching if the money was right.

Volnation wanted a current P5 HC with NCs on his resume. A dump truck full of money would get that done.

And many are now prematurely singing Pruitt's praises when he hasn't coached a game as a HC yet. They are also singing Fulmer's praises for hiring him.

Some don't want to admit it, but this fan base is big time wacko when it comes to football - and that is NOT meant as a compliment. I truly believe that some in the fan base LIVE for chaos. And the media long ago realized that and trolls the fan base to fuel the insanity.

That is not every fan but the vocal ones who stir up rumors on social media just to do so.

You re gonna find fans that didn't like Jones when he was hired, others that were singing his praises day 1 as well. Even after our worst coach in history handed him is a$$.
Don't pretend this is some weird tangent that has never happened here before or anywhere else for that matter. That'd be naive.

Others won't admit the reason for the coaching turn over and downward spiral in the program is rooted in poor decisions and incompetence from those involved in those actual decisions. Others sit around and b!+ch about the fanbase that buys the tickets to watch that circus, and then wonder why so many are fed up with the direction.

I think it's the lilly livered, stuck up, judgmental, fan blaming, pansies' fault. It's you who people like Haslam was counting on to cheer on Shiano or Doeren. He knew he could count on a few hall monitors to shame the fan base into permanent loser status. It's all your fault. All of it.

Had less to do with being southern and more to do with being a grade A "richard". And that's leaving out the PSU racket.

Comparisons I've heard are Butch on roids in the ego and my way department. Plenty of reasons he was a very poor choice, take your pick.

Comparisons I've heard are Butch on roids in the ego and my way department. Plenty of reasons he was a very poor choice, take your pick.

Lot of people around the program were fighting it when it broke for a reason.

It was what the new AD was going to receive...name pending.

Seems way too generous, especially the buyout, for someone without a resume, or competing offers, to justify it. That says something about whoever made the decision on what the terms would be.

If true, Currie was reaping at Tennessee what he sowed at KState. We know Currie has maturity issues during his first stint at UT on Hamilton’s staff....he was evidently a petulant prick. He goes off to KState and evidently took that same attitude with him...and we saw it ultimately manifest itself again during his second go-round at Tennessee. He may be a smart, bright business guy, but he ain’t got the necessary people skills to be a top notch D1 AD....and hopefully he’ll get another opportunity at Bama, Florida, or Georgia.

fify.....:loco:

Seems way too generous, especially the buyout, for someone without a resume, or competing offers, to justify it. That says something about whoever made the decision on what the terms would be.

Didn’t hear much dissension when the deal was announced. Of course there were calls to fire him at the drop of a hat for every lil thing. I remember posting that we need a good reason to fire him because it was going to COST.

My inside source says Jeremy Pruitt would take the job.

Who knows?

Much of Volnation would only be happy with Gruden as HC. Even if that was impossible. For the right money my inside source says Gruden would get back into coaching if the money was right.

Volnation wanted a current P5 HC with NCs on his resume. A dump truck full of money would get that done.

Good grief! Had they rolled out Jeremy Pruitt the day the attempted to roll out Greg Schiano it would have met with similar results.

The Penn St. angle gave the fans a platform. Take out that and introduce Pruitt in the same circumstance and you still have an angry fanbase.

Didn’t hear much dissension when the deal was announced. Of course there were calls to fire him at the drop of a hat for every lil thing. I remember posting that we need a good reason to fire him because it was going to COST.

Well, Vol fans were afraid another team would come calling...even an NFL team! :eek:lol:

VN Store

Back