Texas coaching search thread

govols120

15-0
Because it's been hilarious enough to deserve one.

‏@SethDavisHoops
A knowledgeable source informs me that as of this morning there have been no direct talks b/t Texas and Shaka Smart. Not sensing momentum.

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS
CBS Sports is saying that Shaka Smart is in discussions with Texas. But several current Texas players are now following Mark Jackson.

Nothing on Gregg Marshall and Texas in several days while Alabama AD met with him for eight hours yesterday. This is entertainment. John Lucas/Brad Underwood/others rumored.

Pure rumor but it is going around that they are going to reach out to Billy D to gauge his interest.

Pure rumor but it is going around that they are going to reach out to Billy D to gauge his interest.

Can't help but wonder if he regrets not going to Orlando or UK while he had the chance. Texas had better be careful. They could end up with the wrong Billy, just like we did.

Reactions: 1 person
Dukes womens coach made a big mistake going to Texas a few years back - Name was Gail Goestenkas (sp) she did great at Duke not so much at Texas

I hope our little copy cat brother Texas well. Texas.... Your welcome! Go Vols!!!

Sounds like they got Shaka. It will be interesting to see what he can do at a big school

Sounds like they got Shaka. It will be interesting to see what he can do at a big school

I don't think he'll take it at the end of the day, if he checks around on that Patterson (Texas AD) guy, I don't think he'll like what he finds.

I don't think he'll take it at the end of the day, if he checks around on that Patterson (Texas AD) guy, I don't think he'll like what he finds.

Sounds like you could be right. Last night it sounded like it was done, but nobody has said anything today.

Yep, friends in Richmond Va. heart broken over it, can't blame them.

VN Store

Back