Terry McDaniel

I ain’t a coach but I remember well how these three, and a handful of others, gave us a solid backend. If I’m Tim Banks, I’d beg Danny White to send the UT plane to get these guys and bring them back to spend some time with our current DBs. Lock them in a room for a day or two and have them break down film. Far more important: explain to them that being successful in an SEC secondary requires a headhunter attitude, a killer instinct, beyond your speed, quickness, agility, strength, etc. If you ain’t got that bloodthirst in your veins to take somebody’s head off, son, switch positions.

As a bonus, they might even be able to show our DBs how to tackle.
Instinct is hard to teach.

Mel Kiper is Terry McDaniel’s bi**h. Will never forget how Kiper trashed Terry when the Raiders picked him in the 1st round.

Terry McDaniel. One of (if not THE) the greatest DBs in Vol history. I would probably take Berry ahead of him as a collegian. But, TM, like EB, was literally the Deion Sanders, Champ Bailey, Derrel Revis etc for several years in the 80s and 90s. Played receiver too!

I’ll never forget watching him shut down Jerry Rice during the 49ers heyday. What I wouldn’t to have a couple like him now

VN Store

Back